Dartmouth Devon, Whats on

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Carl, May 9, 2012.

1. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I’m off to Dartmouth for a long weekend, it’s the music festival there. I’m in my car but wondered if there is any bike related event on this weekend in that area ?

My sister lives in Strete, Dartmouth, looking at the members map there doesn’t appear to be any member close to that area to make me and the misses a bru?

I’ll be passing Exeter Ken but other than the service station I’ll not be stopping there.

2. Givover

Givover God Like

Just as well Carl.You would be lucky to get a nod as you rode past.

3. Pinkster1000RR

Pinkster1000RR Active Member

You want to carry on down to Cornwall..... we are all friendly down here :)

Jay

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I heard they are mostly inbred :)

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Says the only man amongst us with access to thermonuclear devices.

Nothing to my knowledge happening this weekend Carl mate. Tommy Hill's at Bridge at the end of the month and Paignton Bike Festival was last weekend. Next Thursday is ladies night at Bridge. That's ladies night Giv', not big girls night, so they wont let you in. The South Hams are nice enough on their own though, if it stops pissing down, that is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Thanks anyway Ken, my brotherinlaw ride a speed tripple so I'm going to introduce him to the new Triumph forum Rob has set up, whilst I'm down there. I love Dartmouth even without Bike events, its a beautiful part of the world and make a change from Lincolnshire;)

7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I suspect hills are a bit of a novelty still eh Carl. I spend a fair bit of time at the Academy in Dartmouth and you're right, it is a fantastic place. I only ever go there on business though theses days as even a parking place is out of my budget.

8. Givover

Givover God Like

And that Carl is a Summary of' whats on in Devon'.If there was a pier you would want to throw yourself off.!

9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh yeah!

I forgot, we've got plenty of piers for you to toss yourself off.

10. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

My sister works in the town centre and so has one parking space that is only available to her. Its not just the cost but the availability of parking spaces especially during the august regatta?

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I've got a customer in Salcombe that, when I visit, I need to be there before 8:30 or I won't get to park at all in summer. The whole area is stuck between the need to get tourists in and the desire to change the status quo.

12. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Beautiful place salcombe we have lunch there when we are down in the winter, however, in the summer we avoid the place for that reason. What is it you do then Ken?

13. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

We supply photographic consumables, film, paper, chemistry etc. to schools, colleges, the feds, local authorities and the such. Our main business is Epson large format printers these days, A2 up to 64" monsters, although I spend most of my time now consulting for exhibition printing.

Focal Point Imaging

Sorry, ad alert.

14. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

That explains how you get to see most of Devon ken, I sit in a 12 x 8 office for too long every week! I have a brotherinlaw that works for clarity copiers, Newton abbott, they are primarily sharp?

15. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, that's who we get ours from.

It's not quite as glamorous as I may have made it sound mate. For every customer I've got in the South Hams, I've got two in South Wales, so it's swings and roundabouts. Also, because of colour management concerns, most of my work is done in a room with no windows and daylight balanced light fittings, huge rolls of paper everywhere and a grumpy bastard on a very unergonomic chair.