DASHCAM

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by BerniePragle, Nov 26, 2023.

1. BerniePragle

BerniePragle New Member

Has anyone installed a F&R dashcam on an SC-77? Mine is a 2022 USA model 20231120_130252.jpg 20231120_130314.jpg . I really don't want to go hacking into the electric system for power. There is a fuse labeled "ACC" (see picture of top of fusebox), but I have no idea where the corresponding ACC downstream wire is. I have the factory service manual but there is no reference to this in there. (I'm far from impressed with the manual.)

Any info about this or recommendations on brands of dashcams would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

It would be easier to run your own fused feed off the battery to power the camera. Saves cutting into the loom.
    As for the camera, based on me having cameras on track, it's as much about how you mount it as it is about the quality of the camera itself.

[​IMG]

3. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Not a comparison test but I’ve been using Innov gear for a couple of years and found it fine. Not the same as GoPro but I only wanted a fixed bike setup.

4. BerniePragle

BerniePragle New Member

Thanks. I'll check them out.

5. BerniePragle

BerniePragle New Member

Pretty much all of the dashcams I've seen online have one wire that needs to go to the battery (always powered) and another that needs power only when the ignition switch is on. That's what I would assume the ACC fuse would be and hence my interest in that.
    I will remember your advice on placement.
    Thanks.