Daytona Bike Week

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Milky, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Milky

Milky Active Member

With my retiral about a year from now, the wife and I are planning to go to Daytona Bike Week 2015, so I've been looking about at what's involved. There doesn't seem to be any package deals anywhere for this that I can find and it looks like you have to do all the leg work yourself.
    Has anyone been and knows of anyone who does a package or what's the best way to go about this.
    Cheers:)

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I have been a few weeks after the bike week. I would suggest looking at where you want to stay. Daytona is only a 1 1/2 away from Orlando. if that's your thing, if not then look at booking flights and car (Unsure if you want to hire a bike instead ) but they are cheaper and available at lots of places.
    I normally use the DIBB forum and have rented a few villa's around the kissimmee area of Orlando and toured as well as doing the parks. If not then there will be local villa's to hire closer to Daytona.

I would personally book the flights, hire car and villa yourself. There is a HUGE following for HD and custom bike's but a growing group of pcoket rocket bikes (Sports bikes to us) over there.

As I said get onto the DIBB Disney and Orlando, Florida Holiday Planning - theDIBB and ask as there are loads of people who can point you in the right direction when it comes to staying in a nice place and what to expect

hope that helps

3. Milky

Milky Active Member

Thanks mate, thought that would be the case i.e a diy job. Ill start digging about now as I want to have a plan in place sooner rather than later

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Bear in mind it's fecking HUGE and thats just the crowds. Make sure you take along some assless chaps and leather jacket with tassels on lol

Lovely area and visited many of the bike shops there last year when I dropped the wife and kids off at the beach for the day ;)

5. Milky

Milky Active Member

Assless chaps and leather jacket with tassels !! But would else would a gentleman wear of an evening if not that :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i have been to bike week twice now , the 1st time we stayed in orlando and drove up a couple of times during bike week.
    the second time i booked 2 weeks staying on international drive in orlando ,and also booked a few nights staying at daytona at a hotel about a mile out from the centre on the beach road. (still kept the original hotel booking as it worked out cheaper as a package ,)and just went online and booked 3 nights at daytona beach quite cheaply .
    one thing i will say is i love bikes but you will get absolutely no sleep in daytona ,as open pipe harleys etc are going all night and all day. i left a night early from daytona due to this and i am a heavy sleeper (i have slept through 2 earthquakes.)
    The first time i went i managed to get to see the daytona 500 car race which is usually around the 20th feb .i didnt book tickets but there were touts selling them at rest areas by the roadside (paid about £6 more than the ticket value)
    so depending on what date the bike week starts you might be able to tie both together.
    also worth watching the nasa launch schedule online to see if you can tie a possible launch date in (done it twice but both were cancelled at the last minute … bugger.)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Milky

Milky Active Member

Thanks for that:)

8. dave d

dave d Elite Member

daytona_beach_by_chowen2001-d2xqg0y[1].jpg

Daytona Spring break.....drunk college chicks....yeah!!

9. Givover

Givover God Like

No bikes ? ( snigger)

10. dave d

dave d Elite Member

#10 dave d, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013