depressed

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

feeling it, OK others have it much worse just peeed off

I thought I was doing well enought to come odfff crutches which I have done for the past few days,

Seen the Physio today who told me off as I should be on crutches for another 2 weeks. :(

I know it's for my own good and I will follow this BUT just feels like it's a set back again

I have so much stuff to get on with and hate being sat down :(

2. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

Know how you feel, but they do know what's best for you. One of the worst experiences of my life was when I got home from hospital and on crutches. I couldn't bring my plate to the dishwasher. Tried twice then just sat back down and was really angry with myself. First time in my life I've never been able to do something for myself.

Keep the chin up, there's plenty of time to make up for lost time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

well it's given me time to get ont he PC and see what races i'm going to but it's a shame No limits donw have their 2013 track-days up yet otherwise I would be booking them up lol

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I remember being in plaster for 8 weeks and wanting to climb the walls but they still wouldn't let me free. In the end they swapped it for an aircast for another fortnight as they were noticing traces of Osteoporosis in the Xrays and wanted me to start putting at least partial pressure on the leg. At least I could scratch it though. The truth of it is, they usually know best so you just need to suck it up mate.

It could have been worse...

...you could have bought the iMac.

5. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Remal,be a good boy and do as your told.Keep smiling sunshine 2 weeks will fly by.:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Chin up fella, just imagine your on holiday, the first week will drag but the second week will fly by. Just think of all the episodes of Countdown you can be watching, light in every tunnel, light in every tunnel

• Like Like x 1
  7. Only1Matrixxx

Only1Matrixxx Active Member

I hear ya buddy!!! Crutches suck!!! I broke my femur in half and tore out my PCL in a car accident.

I remember I had to make 10 pit stops to get a plate of food from the kitchen to the next room!!! Get plate, put it down, take a step, get plate, put it down, take a step, etc etc etc...

Then I reach and realise I forgot the fork!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!

Keep your head up though fella. Healing takes time. Trust me it is worth it to heal well!!!

I also had a mate with a broken femur and he was all over the place at the time... He tried to jump over a small gate and fell on his leg... Bent the rod that was screwed in and now lives with a bent femur for his troubles!!!

You only have one chance to heal properly. Get it right, mate!!!

8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I remember the first time I went to make a cup of coffee on crutches. I was actually stirring it before I realised I'd have to drink it by the kitchen sink. I did a deal with the window cleaner. I'd make him one if he carried them into the living room.

9. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I have been on and off them for the last 7.5 years mate one time being 19month stretch on 2 then as long as I can remember on at least 1, I have had several operations in that time and I know what you mean it gets you down!
    I have now ditched them both after my recent op and mate I'm so much happier!
    Keep up your physio at home mate and don't rush things because you really will go backwards.
    Ok I may have ditched mine and met you all on that Poole meet and I don't think it did me much good but I couldn't resist lol

10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

as posted I know i'm lucky 4 weeks is nothing compared to some. but this is my 3rd time in 3 years and will be the shortest But just doing my nut in

11. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Will be worth it in the end though mate

• Like Like x 1
  12. rocket

rocket Active Member

just keep thinking of when your off them and all the good times ahead and it,ll be over in no time. its worth healing right first time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Big hugs for Remal .... keep yur chin up chuck it will soon pass :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

#14 megawatt, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  15. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I love that youtube.