Devon Air Ambulance Rideout

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by kpone, Jun 25, 2012.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

http://www.daat.org/motorcycle-ride-out-enter-here/

I've posted this event before but I've just registered myself and nagged my riding buddy about it and while it's uppermost in my mind I thought I might as well give it a bump. It's probably a bit long range for most of you guys in the peninsula, especially with the 100 mile pootle in between getting there and getting home, but if you're up for it, it's a bloody good cause. These guys were called out to 33 bikers last year and they and their associates in the other regions do a fantastic job in a region that doesn't know the meaning of the phrase "direct route".

13 years ago they saved the life of a customer and close associate of mine simply because of the speed they were able to get him to the emergency room from the scene. It would have been a life lost purely from the lack of accessibility of Devon's roads.

Of course, now I've paid my donation to register, I'll have ballsed the weather up good and proper, but even if it pisses down and I stay at home on the day watching Bongo do us proud at Oulton, I'll at least have done my bit.

2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Fantastic cause fellas... These guys do awesome work and risk their lives to save others, if your close you should pop along, they help alot of bikers as said, besides you never know if you, a friend or family will need their help in the future.

Plus it's and excuse to ride the bike I doubt even the mrs can argue with!

3. tandbiskits

tandbiskits Active Member

If it aint pissing down , then i will be there. But not if it`s slightly moist, but i will if they can guarantee 20 degress plus on the day before & on that day, then i`m in.

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Same here. Seeing as we're probably sliding around Exmoor and possibly Dartmoor, the weather will change from bend to bend. I'll keep my eye out for the Castrol. If I'm there I'll more than likely be with another white and blue 954.

5. tandbiskits

Mind you, i havent got a clue where the start place is ?

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

M5 down to Tiverton Parkway, then north Devon link road. About halfway to Barnstaple is the log cabin diner, T.

7. tandbiskits

I`ll p.m. you closer to the day & keep tabs on the weather , not that they get it rite any way !