Does a slipon require remap?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Pete, May 17, 2012.

1. Pete

Pete New Member

G'day,

I'm thinking of replacing the stock can on my 2011 CBR1000RR, mostly for the sound. When I've done this on carbed bikes I usually re-jet. Does a slipon require a re-map?

Pete

2. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Usually no but you may get a flat spot around 3500 revs. To get the best out of the fueling tho it would be better to get it on a dyno with the new pipe

3. Swiss T

Swiss T Active Member

Have you disconnected the exhaust flapper; makes the standard can sound a little meaner?

:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. rm2092

rm2092 New Member

I agree with that, I went with the Leo Vince slip on and NO mapping required and it runs GREAT...

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

AS said not normally but I have found it made a big difference once I had my bike set up on a Dyno. I ran my blade for a year with my Yoshi R77 and only had in March it set up. Ok I had a BAzzaz fitted and K&N filter. but have found the bike pulls very well and no flat spot.

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Mine came with an Akrapovic slip on with no re-tuning and it ran okay, but over fuelled a bit while pootling so it was jerky when commuting. With the original can back on the over fuelling disappeared and, to be honest, didn't sound a great deal different.

7. JM1

JM1 Active Member

With an after market pipe, the standard map would under fuel if anything I think? (ie, run lean)

• Like Like x 1
  8. gixerator

gixerator Active Member

you would notice the difference if you had to carry them both around, I know which Id drop first.

The OEM is as heavy as a large skip!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

You cant just remap the bike . you need to buy a power commander or Bazzaz unit to intercept the ecu's map .

These modules don't make the maps better , just makes them possible . both have different features and benefits so do some research

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pete

Pete New Member

Thanks guys, I was worried about leaning it out. A Mass Airflow FI system would automatically compensate for any increased flow. Does it work like that on these bikes?

Might start with removing the flapper - is this easy?

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Ah, it's the other way around. I was going on what the guy at Bridge told me when I told him about it after the test ride.

Actually, I was surprised it wasn't as heavy as it looked considering it looks like something NASA drops into the Atlantic.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Swiss T

Swiss T Active Member