Dominican Republic in November

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

We had been looking at a number of options; we whittled it down to two but couldn’t make our mind up so more of less flipped a coin. Dreams resort and spa in The Dominican Republic came up heads.

Roll on November:

pool.jpg

beach.jpg

And just to get in the mood for the seaside, I have a meeting in Blackpool this afternoon. Roll on Blackpool.......

• Like Like x 3
  2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

You didn't fancy Africa in the end then?

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

My brother was flown to the Dominican Republic many years ago to do a wreck diving job. He was met at the airport by some police chief in a jeep, who then drove him through the jungle to the location. After a few hours of being bounced around the bush they pulled into a jungle general store, where the chief jumped out and ran in, shouting over his shoulder,

"El Presidente time."

Kevin smoothed himself down expecting to have to stand to attention while the president addressed his masses through the telly or the radio, and then the police chief emerged bearing a huge grin and two steaming cold bottles of 'El Presidente' beer.

Seems a nice place...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Was there seven yrs ago with my late wife....... brilliant holiday one of the best....lovely friendly people................but don't venture out of the grounds unless you carry a gun ! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Africa was discarded as the Ebolia issue is not a million miles away, I know it’s not a problem in Gambia but it’s still on the same land mass.

Thailand was in the final two, and very nearly won. I get incredibly bored on long flights. For me it’s not part of a holiday, just a means to an end. Also when it’s for work I get a comfy seat so I can sleep properly, but as we are paying its going to be in cattle class. So going west was going to be one long flight. East would be an even longer flight plus another short domestic connecting flight.

Thanks Rob, that’s good to know.

'El Presidente' sounds like I should get acquainted with a few of those cheerful fellas.

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Here's one on me.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

I was in the DR a few weeks ago. I was at the Excellence resort in Punta Cana which is literally down the road from Dreams. Can't recommend it enough.
    I drank a few presidentes Ken! Lol