Drag Race Commuting.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by kpone, Aug 27, 2011.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Saw a hilarious bit of drag racing on the way home from work last night. On the bypass with about 200 yards between each set of lights (bypass my arse), a Firebolt pulls around me and stops at the red right infront of the car. A tricked out gxr 750 then pulls up beside him in the outside lane. Light change and they're gone. The Suzuki's skipping about like a frog on a griddle, completely failing to get his power down and the buell is stomping away bellowing like a bull to the next set of red lights with black smoke pouring out of his exhaust. Reset, orange light, replay. This time the firebolt pilot adds insult to injury by pulling across the front of the suzuki to overtake a car before pulling back into the inside lane. Red light, reset, replay. I'm struggling to keep up but need to see how it's going to end. Red light, reset, replay but this time it's a decent gap to the roundabout at the bottom of the hill so the gxr gets to show it worth and gets well ahead, but it was so too late by then to save any face.

Classic.

Sportbikes eh?...

2. Givover

Givover God Like

Yup. You get it every day .Normal situation is a corsa or another piece of 10 year old shit. This is how it goe's you are at the lights the goof comes along fag in hand you note the little nudge of the car by about 1" then lights go to green Game on ,Big wheel squeel then the oath gets his head down and quickly gets up to 3rd now doing about 30mph with me at the side egging the prick on followed by me getting bored and doing one only to get to the next set to find another mong in a recycled scrapper wanting some. Lap it up!

3. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Your blade can do a tone in first . why do you even bother

4. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Because a 1.1 corsa twist with 16 inch wheels of ebay and ripspeed car mats are the tits and the whole world needs to know it!

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

6. Si.

Si. God Like

Lol.

I must admit, when my mate and I go out ( he has a speed triple 2008) and are on the final bit of road before we get home, ( we usually use the same road before saying cheerio) we bimble until the last set of lights. We always pull off side by side normally, then gun it for 500 yards or so.... It's something we always do. We have our scala headsets on, and finish off by saying " how old are we??" .... I'm 40, he's slightly older....
    Those s3's move until 100 or so, but I always beat him.

Cant beat a bit of drag light racing lol.

7. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Yeah if your with other bikes it's a bit of a laugh but when the max power corsa brigade get in on the act I just think WTF are you playing at!?

8. Givover

Givover God Like

Its not the same just red lining away i need some crack value out of it. Its not the same just doing one when the other dude is so focused for the magic take off beleiving he can make such an impact .I just ride along the side and LMFAO.. Sorry its just the Devil coming out and thats why i ride the Blade. Yeehaa !

• Like Like x 1
  9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

True, there's more enjoyment in actually seeing the knife twisting up close than imagining him seething at the dot in the distance. Then you can save warp drive for if he gets pissed off and he's bigger than you.

He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day.
    He who fights and takes his chance, goes home in an ambulance.