Ducati finally found what they've been missing!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by blade1980, Jun 18, 2012.

1. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Think they would have adopted this trusty method this weekend if it wasn't for the hosepipe ban ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bat Fastard

Bat Fastard Active Member

LoL,

Funny thing is he prob could really do that and still leave you for dead on a track. :D

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I think that would work lol

5. Only1Matrixxx

Only1Matrixxx Active Member

Brilliant!!!

6. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Fantastic Idea :)

7. MARKY-P

MARKY-P New Member

Everyone keeps saying he's the G.O.A.T and he's this and he's that. Sure, he's one of the most exciting riders to watch during a last lap battle but if he's supposed to be so great then why hasn't he got the skill - or shall I say "Why does his ambition outweigh his talent on the Duke?"

Or is it because he's not willing to over-ride the bike like Stoner? In other words, he doesn't have enough balls to take the necessary risks?

Ducati has bent over backwards for Rossi but still no results. I bet Cal would push the Duke harder if he signed for them. Pull your finger out Rossi, you've got a relatively inexperienced Mr Crutchlow beating you on satellite machinery for goodness sake!!!

8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Balls + skill = 9 world titles.

He is riding it as hard as stoner that's why he crashes as much, it's just that the Honda and yam have improved further where the duke hasn't.

Stoner is an incredible rider, but he seems to have lost the balls and desire he showed to win... 2 world titles before retireing nearly ten years younger to Rossi who is still riding.

If Rossi retired two years ago there would be no question hey!

9. MARKY-P

MARKY-P New Member

"Balls + skill = 9 world titles". That was in the past, I'm talking about what everyone's achieving (or rather not achieving) right now.

I don't know if he's riding as hard as Stoner did, but if he is then he's obviously not doing it the 'Stoner' way. Am I right???

Let's say for arguments sake Stoner rode for HRC from 2008 to the present, who knows how many more titles he would've won? But anyway, should of, would of, could of etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Rossi fan too and I want to see them both do battle on their last laps but I'm pretty certain we've seen Rossi's best riding. Maybe if he went to HRC or back to Yamaha he would be winning again???

10. Getafix

Getafix New Member

In all fairness, Stoner was riding a completely different bike. Even then he only managed to win one title on it & wasn't very competitive the rest of the years. Soon as he made the switch to Honda, he won a championship. So it's obvious that no matter how good the rider, the bike also counts.

11. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Rubbish has stoner lost the hunger, here's what it is, the current front tyre has had MASSIVE input from yamaha, Honda were not that bothered as initially both the new and old front tyres were to coexist, then Bridgestone change there mind and dump
    The old tyre, leaving Honda screwed.

In regards to Ducati, quite simply they put all there eggs in rossi's baskets and got nothing out, yet Hayden is ajuged to be doing much better job despite not having everything Rossi has.

Stoner... 2 chassis & 2 Swingarms in his entire time at ducati

Rossi... 17 chassis and 8 Swingarms at the last count.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

You were questioning his status as the G.O.A.T which is kind of referring to his past acheivements mate!? So yes in the past.

Can't disagree that stoner done better than Rossi on the duke, plain to see he rode it a way no one else has been able to.

But until stoner has one as many titles as Rossi on the Honda or whatever top manufacturer he chooses (think everyone would agree that it would have been unlikely stoner would have one much more at ducati) then I think it's a bit silly to suggest he isn't still or hasn't been one of the best riders ever.

Schumacher ain't won shit since his f1 comeback, still one of the best drivers to ever drive a racing car. Prob even better than Hamilton and vettel who beat him now days?? ;)

#12 Jimbo Vills, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  13. MARKY-P

MARKY-P New Member

Rossi should retire before 2013 or at least ride a Jap bike again.

14. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

He can't now cos I'm sure he wants to prove everyone wrong... Should have retired before he went to ducati IMO.

15. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Put Rossi back on the Honda next year and you could bet your asre he would be in the top step again.

Totally agree Stoner has something special when it comes to riding round things, but that's all down to his background and you've got to love the way he rides.

I would love to have seen the 2 on the same bike. That would be the end all :)

16. MARKY-P

MARKY-P New Member

Stoner and Rossi on the same bike...............................Stoner would 'ave him large!

17. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Not so sure mate. Unfotunately we'll never find out.

Can't take anything from either rider, but championships rule. Rossi takes top trumps on this 1.

18. MARKY-P

MARKY-P New Member

Wouldn't it be funny though if Rossi went to HRC and Stoner did a wildcard for HRC at Philip Island, which is something he said he was open to in the future. I wonder how that race would go???

19. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Stoner would win that no doubt. Have them on the same bike for a full season though and personally I think Rossi would come out on top.

I do think it's time for the new talent to come through. Something needs to happen.

Marquez on the factory Honda, Crutchlow on the factory M1 now that I'd like to see :)

20. MARKY-P

MARKY-P New Member

That would be brutal! Marquez is a hard rider, like Simoncelli was. Crutchlow's got that raw speed..........just needs to stop hanging his leg out as it looks ridiculous!

• Like Like x 1