Ducati's Hayden breaks left shoulder blade in flat-track crash

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Remal, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

2. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Its ok, its all a clever ruse by those folk at ducati to ensure VR46 doesnt lose his number 1 status.

3. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for Hayden.
    The Duc really seems to have broken his spirit this season.
    He was the guy who always had a smile on his face - but not any more!
    This episode wont help.

4. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Gutted for him - proper top bloke IMO and hope he is fighting strong for the start of the season.... Vale need all tue help he can get getting the bike up to scratch!!

Going to be a long 2012 for the pair of them me thinks

5. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Yeah I agree, NH is a TOP bloke the man is a champ when it comes to all kinds of charity events.. Nothing the hyper b chamber wont fix..

6. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Poor bloke life sure does kick u when your down!

7. Givover

Givover God Like

If i were paying them millions per year to come 6th ect in a race i sure would not want my riders arseing about on crossers /flat tracking or whatever its the same old tale Neil hodgson /Chris Walker / bayliss are just a few who have balls it up for themselves and there teams and fans i know there should be life away from the track but not if a whole army of folks are relying on you to keep super fit and you are paid money others can only dream about. Example Harry had Spurs training on Xmas day and they won the next match .In racing only the strong survive!!

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

U sure your not norfolkscooby on PH?

9. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Lol, no i just read it and thought it was funny, so copied & pasted it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Plagiarism is such a litigious word ... :)

11. exfire

exfire Elite Member

@Nutty Tart what's with all the difficult words 'plagiarism and litigious'.........I am originally from Maidstone, words over two syllables are just too difficult :eek:

12. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I feel sorry for Hayden as well, he always seems a nice guy, but I just feel that his time has come and gone in the world of Moto GP in terms of being a contender and I think that Ducati have an awful lot to do. The Hondas and Yamahas are going to take some beating. I just hope it's better than last years season.

13. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

You could say that for a few guys (don't disagree with you mate), look at Edwards and capirossi... Great riders but were never going to win anything for years yet had massive careers in the premier class.

They obviously bring something to the party? - Hayden included.

14. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Yes Jimbo I couldn't agree more. Only one can win and the others are all going to end up somewhere behind them. Without all of the riders there would not be a race. I have a huge amount of respect for the fact they get to that level, I know I could not do it. I just hope there are a few more riders in the future who will be really able to push each other for the top spot. It's a bit like the football really, lots of teams but only 3 or 4 that are likely to be top at the end.

Hayden has a lot of guts and talent, but he has got the Ducati to deal with as well as the other riders.I think Casey Stoner made a very wise move to Honda and he could really ride that bike....well most of the time.

15. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Think there are a few that could win it next year (stoner more than others) but you have Lorenzo, pedrosa and spies getting better all the time. Marco would have gatecrashed the top boys a few time also this year

And you can't ever write of Rossi! Although it's a big task for him with the hondas being so strong.

As for the journey men, never understand why they stick with them, if they are not going to win, why not let a youngster developed and get the vital experience needed?

Guess it comes down to bike developement also...

16. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Teehee ... I was given a dictionary for X-mas so just getting my money's worth :)

17. exfire

exfire Elite Member

What's a dictionary ? where does it fit on a bike ? and does it make it go faster ?:)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Gums

Gums Active Member

+ there is an awful lot more going on behind the scenes than just a race, also with no journey men/women there will be no competition in any sport

19. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Here what you saying but not sure I totally agree - the front runners are the competition and what people tune in to see! If someone is proven they are not capable of running at the front, our outperforming team mates on equal machinery, why as a manufacturer would you continue to spend money on them? Why not bring in new blood that are hungry for success??

There are 30 moto2 riders that would tear your arm off for a motogp ride? And they sure as hell aren't lacking in talent!

Ps randy dp is classic example, has the talent but can't stay on the bike. If I wa team principle I'd have sacked him off!!

#19 Jimbo Vills, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  20. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I've used a dictaphone before. Not any more though. It's not as easy to do with a push button phone.

Back to the thread.

This is a proper ping pong game of a subject (one I look forward to expanding on in the forthcoming South West meet up. Plug plug.) this year, despite the spectacle of the Honda defying the laws of physics, the majority of the racing has been contained in the second and third tiers so has been vital to making me tune in from lap 5 onwards, so that's a good thing.

Why stick with 'journeymen' riders on nearly competitive bikes rather than bring on new blood quickly? I suspect that sponsors would prefer a steady stream of points consistently amassed over the year than having to recreate their logo from a jigsaw puzzle of carbon and GRP on the back of a recovery vehicle. Cynical, I know, but I hate new years eve.

Jimbo, you're right about RDP, bags of talent, sacks of balls and great to watch. And you're also right that he falls off a lot. In which case I refer you to my above paragraph.

This isn't me, talking, honest. I love to watch the dicing and slicing but 'no bucks, no buck Rodgers', and that's what we've got to live with.

#20 kpone, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011