Dunlop Qualifier II's...........

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by JimGreen, Apr 17, 2015.

1. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Today I went out for lets say an "Enthusiastic Ride" on my 2015 blade with my buddy on his Aprillia RSV, now I don't claim to be a fast rider, I'm a straighliner compared to some of the riders on here but I certainly wasn't on a commuter ride. The bike is fitted with Dunlop Qualifier II's and on one occasion I came in a bit hot on a roundabout and had to use my rear brake a bit more than normal, the rear wheel started to lock up really easily. Much easier that it would have done on my 2011 blade with Bridgestone S20's on. Not overly impressed with the Dunlop Qualifier II's at the moment. Yes, they're new tyres, but they have 800 miles on them now and are scrubbed in as much as they'll ever be.

Has anyone else not been impressed with these tyres, or did I just catch a bad bit of road surface, there certainly didn't appear to be anything obvious on the road.

Had much more confidence in my Bridgestone S20's.

The weather was warm, but not hot and the tyres were up to enthusiastic temperature.

Anyone else had these and not been happy.......... ????

#1 JimGreen, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Simon_HRC

Simon_HRC Active Member

They are horrible! They will be changed soon.

A lot of people say they take about 20 mins on a track to just warm them up and then they are great! Not so good for the road

3. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Have to be honest, I had a set of Q1's on the Gixer K5 1000 and then bought the Blade only to find them fitted to this too. I like them! Plenty of lean angle, right to the edge of the back tyre and only on one occasion have I felt the bike 'slip' in a corner and I think it was down to the tyre slick stuff painted on the tyres (may have been chain lube on the edge of the tyre) when the bike was purchased.
    Be interesting to find out as I was gonna look at the 2's or 3's next time.

4. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

Sportsmart2 for the roads sticky and give you plenty of miles or Diablo supa corsas track or road but limited miles

5. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Thanks Graeme.

I need a tyre that suitable for fast road, heats up quickly & sticks.

I don't do track days, not on the bike anyway (In the Audi), so don't want a tyre that takes a lot of heating up and I'm not bothered about getting plenty of miles out of it, I'd take grip over miles and don't do much wet riding.

Suggestions Welcome, but from experience the Bridgestone S20 on my 2011 bike never let me down.

6. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

Best thing i've done to my blade was to get rid of the dunlop qualifiers. Second was to get the suspension setup.
    I fitted a pair of metzeler m7rr and they are great. Warm up fast,massive amount of confidence on them,bike brakes and corners better and they're good in the wet. Just wish i hadn't waited a year to change the tyres and had done it from when i got the bike new.

7. Dr.D

Dr.D Active Member

Hi interesting reading this I too have Dunlop qualifiers on my new blade, and during a spirited overtake come off a roundabout, the back wheel lost grip and gripped again, and shook its head, i had it down to gravel and me being a bit hasty but maybe need to swap the tyres. I had s20 evos on my last bike and the only time they twitched was asking a bit too much coming it of Druids at brands.... But got Snetterton booked and seriously thinking of swapping the tyres... I have 3 choices in mind, pirelli corsas, m7rrs, or s20 evos and thinking breaking with tradition and going with m7rr due to the right ups....

8. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Bag-O-shyte the OEM Qualifier 2's that come on Blades.

Sold mine on eBay for £140 when only 350 miles old and swapped out for Michelin PR3's then moved on to the newer PR4's.

They are all U could ever ask for Jim on a Road going Blade, get some matey I guarantee U will not be disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

The first blade had dunlops shite, second one had brigestones the difference was night and day. With donlops hit a bump or cats eye bike was all over the place

10. Dr.D

Dr.D Active Member

So is general opinion swap for m7rr's? Or pirellis? Or back to what I know on the s20 evos, i would rather them warm up a bit quicker tho. I am not bothered my mileage just stickiness and warm up quick...

11. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Can throughly recommend pirelli diablo rosso corsa's in 55 profile for the road jim, very sure footed on those as you might have seen on sunday, have just about managed 3.5k miles out of them

#11 sps170373, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  12. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Thanks for the updates, I will be changing these to something else very shortly.

Need a sticky dry weather tyre, and not worried about mileage and won't be going on track.

I was happy with Bridgestone S20's, but there's probably more up to date tyres available now.

#12 JimGreen, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  13. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Noted....... Sounds like the type of tyre i'm looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  14. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Oh, and swap out to a 55 series rear also, makes all the difference.

15. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Yes........ I think Blackness has just swapped out to a 55 on his blade and it certainly handled well on last weekends run out.

16. sinewave

sinewave God Like

One PR4 shod Blade fresh out of Demon Tweeks Tyre Bay!
    Wet weather grip is immense and have seen a few even use em on Track Days so grip well in the dry also.

PR4.jpg