ebay services

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bladerunner2010, Jan 8, 2013.

1. bladerunner2010

bladerunner2010 Active Member

Right guy's i have been looking at something on Gumtree which looks stunning but its a lot cheaper than market value, now i contacted the seller for more details, the seller say's we could do the deal through "ebay services" even tho the item is not to be found on the bay he says he will register the transaction with ebay and i then have to make payment to ebay who will hold the funds, i will then receive the goods and will have 3 days to inspect/test/evaluate and then i contact ebay when happy and they then release the funds to the seller

Has anyone on here ever heard of this or is it a SCAM

Just noticed too that Gumtree is in fact an ebay company

#1 bladerunner2010, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Sounds reasonable... there are plenty of companies that offer that service, although I didnt know that ebay do.

3. bladerunner2010

bladerunner2010 Active Member

I have contacted both ebay and gumtree fraud departments to see what they say

4. callumw

callumw Active Member

eBay has buyer and seller protection - which is probably why they want to do it that way

5. hondahead

hondahead Active Member

If it sounds to cheap. I would be very careful! Better to go pay cash if you can. There thinking of new scams everyday. Pay pal, ebay and whatever doesn't protect you 100%