Evotech tail tidy Question

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Remal, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Quick question. how is best to fit the original indicators to this tail tidy. I ask as my R&G one had a small home for the bolt and another for the wire. the Evotech one has a large hole that I can only think will need a large wash to ensure the indicator fits tight

Any other idea's?

2. phantomx0_1

phantomx0_1 Active Member

Best idea is to get some Gucci rizoma items and bin the bulky originals!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

well just looked at their website (Evotech) and seems I should have had some plastic blanks to add to the other side. Will have to double check later if I have over looked them or if they did not come with my order

I'm happy for now with the original lights

4. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

They do have plastic spacers mate, get on to Evotec I'm sure they will help you out. I have an Evotec on mine, it looks better than the R&G but you need to think outside the box on the indicator wire's

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I phoned them and found out the plastic spacers I did not have was as i had the R&G tail tidy and they do not use the original rubber mounts that I did not think of. so removed from the original rear no plate mount and going to finish it off tonight

Doh

6. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Extend the indicator wires with solder and join them under the seat with connectors you can then use wire covers from the back of the number plate and into the seat, tidies them up nicely image.jpg

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Is that a Ozzy pic?

8. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I posted it upside down so you could see the wiring underneath ;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Or any dodgy git reading the number plate before you re edit the picture Carl.

10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

done it tonight, looks neat and not noticed much, heat shrink and some tape hides away most of the wires out of sight, and the rubber mounts fit much better now I got them

• Like Like x 1
  11. niknack

niknack New Member

what about intergated indicators n brakelight led s i got mine in 2009 n now u can pick them up anywhere no rubbish indicators makes back end look 100 % better

12. Si.

Si. God Like

Because 9 times out if 10 you can't see the bikes fitted with them indicating. I personally think they be shit dude.

13. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

I was all geared up to do mine today only to find out about the giant holes!!
    Im so peed off, nothing is open all weekend, I have rizoma indicators and evotech tidy.
    The indicators just go straight through the standard holes as they are so big and it looks like most of the indicator will be hidden behind the number plate unless i buy a plod pulling mini plate.
    How did yours fit in the end Remal. Did you have to buy indicator adapters for the holes and then spacers to move them out.
    Im starting to think I like the original scaffolding now!!

Thanks for any help, where did you get your spacers in the end?