False Start

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by t0m541, Sep 15, 2015.

1. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Been in my new job now a couple of week and still getting used to working 5 days a week with 2 days off rather than the 4 on 4 off I was doing.
    Also the starting work at 7am is a system shock too, when I was on 4/4 shifts I only has 2 early start at 8am so getting up at 5am 5 days a week isn't great.

Now I'm sure all of us at some time have had the alarm go off, rolled over and silenced it then accidentally dropped back off only to wake up in a panic, not knowing whether you're late or what time it is..

Which is what happened to me this morning...woke up...OH Sh1t...jumped out of bed, got dressed, opened the bedroom curtains and saw the deluge, marvellous, then thought "how long did I oversleep by"..:mad:
    Then picked up my mobile and had a look

01.10am :(

FFS....o_O

Got undressed, got back into bed then laid awake for the next 2 hours listening to the rain bouncing off the roof..

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. johnd

johnd Active Member

Been there mate. Then you hardly sleep for the rest of the night cos you're paranoid about sleeping thru the alarm for real

3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Yep been there...........& if the alarm fails or ain't on then this second irritant appears at silly o clock :confused:

funny-memes-my-alarm-clock.jpg

4. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Not quite the same but many years ago I worked for a company that really wrung every last hour out of their employees. I was working 10 hours a day, 5 days a week + every other Saturday morning.

Coming up to Christmas I'd asked the boss what days we were working. He said that we'd got half of Christmas Eve and Christmas day off, back in on Boxing day.

"OK", I said, "Is boxing day a shirt and tie job or just casual?"

"Shirt and tie as normal", was the answer.

All Christmas day I took it very easy on the sauce. Had a couple of pints before dinner and then maybe a glass of wine with the meal but then knocked it off because I couldn't face a day in the office with a hangover the next day. Watched our lass and her family getting slowly pissed and felt really annoyed.

Next morning I woke up, ironed my shirt, got dressed and said goodbye to the missus who was still sleeping off Christmas day. Drove to work at 8am all suited and booted and got there only to find the car park deserted.

Phoned my boss who sounded half asleep when he picked the phone up,

"Morning, Tony. Erm.....I'm outside the office and the place is in darkness. Are you on your way in? The doors are locked and nobody's round at the security office either"

*silence for a couple of seconds*............"Awww sh*t, mate. I'm so sorry. I was only joking when I said we were in Boxing Day. I was going to tell you we were joking before you headed off on Christmas Eve but I forgot......."

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1