FAO Barney

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Si., Oct 23, 2013.

1. Si.

Si. God Like

Here's the gear Lee and myself use.

AEG Lavazza O modo Mio with the Aeroccino frothed from Nespresso. The Lavazza comes with a milk frother built in ( you can see the milk wand) , but i find the separate one is better and quicker, especially for cappuccino and lattes. It will also do hot chocolate and lungo and macchiato coffees.
    Great bit of kit dude.
    Like you said, everyone who's had one say it knocks spots off any coffee retailer, inc Costa and Cafe Nero, and miles better than Nespresso machines.

coffee (1 of 1).jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Si.

Si. God Like

You can get something similar tasting using a "Moka Pot" ( a stove pot that you put the espresso ground coffee into) to make the espresso, again i use Lavazza "RED" coffee, but you don't get the "crema" that a pressure system uses to force the coffee extract out…although it still tastes fantastic. I use the moka pot quite a bit, but not as much as the machine as it the pot takes longer to do on the stove.

coffee 2 (1 of 1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

This morning I had to go to Birkenhead to see my boss , did not want to go but had too ,
    Anyway after I had finished there I give si a ring , and was invited to his house ,
    I got there and was greeted by si , when I went into his house I also met his
    Wife ( very nice lady too ) , si offered me a coffee and I've got too say its the best coffee
    I've ever tasted , very very nice indeed , so this is the link / post too it , I'm buying one
    Thanks for coffee si , and thanks for putting this up .

Ps........

I've got to comment on si's new kitchen, awesome is the only word I can think of ,
    How the iPad plays the music to the tv, speakers , computer , I was lost with his
    Knowledge , I just kept nodding my head lol ....
    Easiest way to describe si's kitchen is you know when you flick through a magazine and see
    a kitchen / frontroom and think wow that's lovely , well that is si's ,
    Lot of hard work but bloody hell it looks the business ........

I'll have that free coffee machine now please si .......;)

#3 Barney1, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Can we have a picture of Super Sexy Carla making a Coffee then Si?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Givover

Givover God Like

In my day this was called " Camp coffee" ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

I don't care what you call it , it was lovely :D

• Like Like x 1