Far be it from me...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by kpone, Sep 8, 2011.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

...to question (further) the good name of MCN. And I am sure that their intel is as kosher and as accurate as they claim it to be. But...

If it were a less trustworthy publication I would be laughing my tits off at the poor quality of manipulation apparent in the photograph of the Ducati engineer holding the drawing of FTR's design for a replacement frame for the ailing MotGP bike.

The piece of paper is the only thing in focus in the whole shot, including the fingers holding it, the 'cutout' around which look like they've been done with an iMac...Sorry, Etch a Sketch. The colours in the drawing have been enhanced way too much and the level of noise in that particular section is nowhere near a match for that of the surrounding picture. I'm highly suspicious that the relavent section comes from a different shot altogether and if so it burns my arse like a two foot flame.

Don't treat us like bloody idiots. If you managed to pull off a great coup but the pictures could have been better, give us credit for working it out ourselves rather than making it look like a fake, thinking that only then we could understand what's going on.

If NASA had photoshop skills like these Neil Armstrong would still be doing time for fraud.

End rant.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Moily

Moily Active Member

Just happened to have been reading this week's MCN as I saw this post so went to the back page to check and you're absolutely right. It looks like a 6-year old was asked to Photoshop two images together.

It could be a real photo but with ham-fisted touching up by the page editor, but it sure looks amateurish, either way.

3. vino

vino New Member

PMSL - Had my copy of MCM sat on the table all day. Just took a look and.....(dodgy pic aside) whats up with the arm/ID card perspective thing at the top of the pic. all very weird.

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

True. That geezer must have really long arms if none of his body shows.

5. djfleming22

djfleming22 Active Member

The next question why would they have this drawing in a garage instead of some big fancy office in Italy.....wish the guy that took the photo could tell the numbers lottery numbers cause he is that bloody lucky

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Nah, he'd just photoshop the numbers in Dj'. On second thoughts, if it looked as crap as the photo, he wouldn't get away with it.