feckin shite weather

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by racman, May 15, 2013.

1. racman

racman Active Member

day off work today, planned to ride out somewere to possibly watch a trackday at cadwell, or oulton park. but oh no. the good old british weather says no chance. pissin down again. why the frig do we live in this shithole. shit weather, fuel, vehicles,clothes, in fact everything overpriced. wished i had the bollocks to fek off abroad.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Only1Matrixxx

Only1Matrixxx Active Member

The grass is always greener on the other side, mate...

Where I was born has sun most days, but when it rains, it floods the entire island...

And you are liable to be killed in a car accident daily even if you are walking on the pavement, or shot for standing up for yourself or your family. You have to BEG the woman working at KFC to get off her mobile and please give you a decent sized piece of chicken without giving you attitude... You have to open your mouth BIG to get service at a bar, else everyone else goes first cuz they asked first... No queueing, as that's for pussies... And if you tell someone off for pushing in, yup, you are likely to get shot or threatened. There is no such thing as customer service, you have to go into the stores to pay your bills like internet and phone, and it takes a full working day to renew a drivers license.

So... Yes, the weather is shite, but it ain't all roses and sunshine abroad mate... (Yes yes depends on where you go, but the Caribbean is paradise innit?!?!? Not all the time!!)

3. gringo

gringo Active Member

Well the weather is not only pissing down but is pissing me off whats the point 5k sat in the bloody garage and it looks like a wet weekend aswell bugger

4. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Well I can't grumble, left work at 6.30 on the blade, into getgeared at Leeds to pick up me new boots, and rode home with this big yellow thing in the sky and drying roads, haven't seen that for a while round here.
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Just got in from a ride out me and my girl got caught in the storm from HELL! It pissed down with hale stones the size of marbles at least 2" of water RUSHING down the main road, traffic doing 60mph and hard to see the car in front! BIG bolts of lightning the full works for 20 mins on the way home from the cafe! I shit you not we got drowned! My poor old TDM black! British summer!

6. dave d

dave d Elite Member

7. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Other than the sunshine it’s not that dissimilar to where you live now then Trinny !