Feel good factors of the day....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Blackness, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

The positive thinking has been paying off recently, and today was no exception... (Power of The Secret, ya know)
    On Saturday i ordered the latest GoPro Hero 4, Black Edition (of course) from Amazon, on the recommendation of Lamby and Womble as I'm gonna start playing around doing a few vids for youtube. Brilliant service as van pulled up this morning and handed to me :)

Awesome little bit of kit ! Even the packaging was a work of art and a thing to be admired the way it all came apart...

[​IMG]

One slight observation though.. Noticed how i said "black edition" !?
    Now, i know black, and that is an incredibly light shade of it ! But hey ho..

Anyhow, in light of the odd pound or two i've spent recently, i thought it was about time i replenished the pot a little somehow.
    I had this old Chevy van that i used to burble about in but hadn't used it in about a year and its just been sat on the drive going green.
    Some guy knocked on the door a few months ago enquiring if it was for sale, i was out so he left his number and the paper just got stuck on the fridge and i never thought anymore about it.. Rang him this morning and said i was the guy with the chevy, and he said he'd be round in 30 minutes.. I dashed out armed with the Karcher and a tin of glade, (in the rain :() and set about it !
    He turned up, we talked bikes for a bit as he saw the blade, he did a bit of tyre kicking, and boom, got a nice wad of cash out :D

As i sat there after, all happy , with a freshly replenished pot, i thought i should celebrate ;)
    I got a black and white Alpinestar atem one piece, and supertech r's and pro gloves to match at he show last week... All looked good, but just a little something missing as i stood there in my Bell carbon M6 ! Just a little something hmmm...

In an act of role reversal, i was hugely inspired buy the purchase Womlewizard made at the show with his beautiful X-lite carbon moto gp...
    [​IMG]

So i thought feck it, and i've order one too :D

[​IMG]

Thank you again Womble... Twice in a week you've sorted me out ! I owe you a tea !

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

thats a weapon of a helmet.. i really like that!

3. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Hey hey... There he is at the first mention of carbon :D

4. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Picture it with the obligatory black visor.... Mmmm... Go on Gilesy... Hit the "Buy It Now" button.. You know you want too... Go on go on :D

5. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

I so know your on ebay right now !!! Haha

6. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

hahahaha... but I really want a slipper cluuuuuuutch

7. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Come on... That twitchy skiddy feeling as you stamp it down hard into a roundabout is fun !!

8. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

But while your on that subject mate. I know what your like for wearing a salesman down.. Give me the heads up if you find a bargain too ;)

9. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

haha - your not wrong! I'll see what I can russle up, got a new seat to sort out after the MOT tomorrow.. cant wait to get out on the bike tomorrow brrraaaaaaaaaaaaaapppp

10. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Ohh that'll be nice mate ! Weather alright up there ? Was so tempted to take mine out on sunday and got a bit excited, but then realise i hadn't bled my brakes or clutch yet :rolleyes: Probably for the best mind...

Who you got doing the seat ? What you having done ?

11. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Those carbon x - lite helmets are beautiful!

12. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Serious thing aren't they mate ! And really damn responsible for what you get !!

13. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Not sure which one Lamby got, but he picked one up too... Dare say there'll be a review on youtube to look forward too :)

14. Womblewizard

Womblewizard Active Member

Bloody hell! you do do realize I have a black blade and the wheels are off ready to go gold, if we go anywhere together people are going to talk! and Mr chops does get jealous Lol
    I can see it now! :eek::eek::eek:
    fark_VVtqQfDuYj-4fekhE833sZc6bZg.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Thats funny :D
    Well, its gonna make for a good picture anyhow...

16. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

I got the plain carbon one, I don't need the go faster stripes I'm fast enough anyway :)

17. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

See Womble, you were right, his got bitchy about it ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

Weather not too bad today.. frost just now but 8 deg forcast, blue sky!

Seat - I really fancy something like Si's one.. Alcantara or similar, not fussed about waterproof as its only out on sunny days :)

19. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Nice, but i was warned agains the Alcantara as it wears bad and fads quick in the sun and it will hinder you moving about the seat... That stuff they did mine with looks kinda like it but its not.

[​IMG]

20. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

i'm going to probably take your advice here and go for that style of material then..