Fekin heating engineers...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Si., Nov 30, 2012.

1. Si.

Si. God Like

Our boilers knackered, had the pcb out yesterday to see if that's the problem, it's not. So, I phoned a heating engineer yesterday, he said he will visit my gaff just after 4.30pm. It's now 8pm, no sign... Why do the twats never turn up??
    they must be making a mint, as they obviously don't need my business. So, tomorrow at 9am, I'm going to get the same useless git out as an emergency fix, but alas, I shall be at work. He's wasted my time, and I think it's fair to waste his...
    Rant over.

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Ahh plumbers. The laws of physics actually break down within the influence of their time keeping.

#2 kpone, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  3. Smiler

Smiler Active Member

have had my fill of them over the last few weeks too, finally managed to find a good un and we're up and running again.......

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

They drive so fast that special relativity comes into play. Whereas to them in the van, time passes normally, to an observer time passes more slowly. So, when he phones you and says 'yes mate, I'm just leaving my last job. Be with you in ten', he turns up four days later, completely baffled as to why you're so pissed.

It's true. Look it up.

Relativistic time dilation by Albert Einstein, professor of physics, Princeton university and CORGI registered.

5. Jollygiant

Jollygiant Member

Should use a nice friendly reliable one like me then :D

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

And do you have a white van with warp drive capability JG?

7. barry107

barry107 Active Member

Could have done with you the other day JG, had to have the pump changed on my Worchester greenstar 24i system at home. Had no heating for 3 days this week, I can rough it but it's a bit hard on the kids :rolleyes:

8. Si.

Si. God Like

Got it sorted today, a mate came out specially, he usually never works Saturdays.
    the other guy is due tomorrow for the emergency call out.... I shall be in Liverpool Xmas markets though....shame.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jollygiant

Jollygiant Member

I certainly do it allows me to get to all my jobs and then home again before I've left home to start work.