Few Acceleration Mods?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by DiscoDaveDanger, Sep 13, 2014.

1. DiscoDaveDanger

DiscoDaveDanger New Member

I very rarely get to top out my 56 Plate Blade. I'm after a few suggestions for Mods to improve acceleration. I don't know enough about Sprocket Ratios, and I read somewhere about a De-cat pipe and a Baffle? that can be cut out??

Cheers

2. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Greetings matey... you should go introduce yourself in the "New Members" section :)

In answer to your question, you probably want to fit a larger rear and smaller front sprocket... a lot of people go +2 teeth on the rear (so 44T) and -1 on the front (so 15T). If you do this, you should also get a "Speedo Healer" so that your speedo still reads correctly.

From what I've read, removing the CAT won't make a massive difference... it's not restricting gas flow to any real extent. If your dead-set about getting rid of it, your best bet is to look on Ebay from a set of second-hand header pipes from USA... they don't have the CAT in them, and there is usually plenty available for £50 to £80.

Not sure what you mean about the baffle... there is a baffle plate in the standard exhaust which can be cut. Search on YouTube for a video of someone doing exactly that. But you may as well fit a decent end can.

Finally, if you do junk the CAT and mess about with the exhaust, you won't feel the benefit unless you fit a Power Commander... trust me, I know!!!

3. GappySmeg

Here's a video of a guy cutting the "baffle plate" out of the standard exhaust... looks like a faff to me!

4. GappySmeg

• Like Like x 1