finally scratched my itch this morning!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by rocket, Oct 6, 2012.

1. rocket

rocket Active Member

for the last few years i,ve been lusting after a audi rs4. there rare down this neck of the woods but this week i found one for sale locally. infact the guy had 2 for sale a b5 2.7 biturbo and the later b7 4.2 v8. took the later one out this morning and wow what a motor. just never seemed to stop accelerating and the roar from the v8 when she went past 5k was awesome. felt like a go kart not an estate car. its my perfect car ,colour, spec, mileage . history. so tempted to pull a bit of equity out my house but only just had redundancies at work so stuck in limbo. the sound will live with me forever!! love it:cool:

2. robinh73

robinh73 Well-Known Member

If you get it (which I think you should) go and get it fitted with a Milltek exhaust system. It truly sounds immense then!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Yea you certainly know when one of them goes past you...I have a grand cherokee V8 with a flowmaster muffle on so it 'sounds' as a V8 should instead of it being more like a 2litre due to us europeans quieting them down..

Fuel will be foooookin crazy on that but small compromise me thinks... muhaha

4. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Do it amazing car, I just bought a bmw v8 and love it to bits but always wanted a s4/rs4 :)

5. rocket

rocket Active Member

well just been and bought 1 tonight. pick it up friday and can,t wait. gonna be dear to run but its only for a few years as with my boys so young and the wife working evenngs the bikes never get used as i,m always home been daddy. the bikes are staying put but this will give me my fix and can take the boys with me.

• Like Like x 5
  6. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

What colour?

7. dave d

dave d Elite Member

nice 1 Rocket love cars too.......get some pics up fri

8. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

A guy a few doors up from me has one and it does sound fantastic.

9. gray

gray Active Member

Bought the misses a convertible one last birthday in black awesome

10. sinewave

sinewave God Like

18 months ago I had the discussion/argument with the Wife about getting another bike.
    She was having none of it as she was pregnant at the time with our 3rd child so she suggested I get a quicker car instead and whilst I was at it get a big one for all the kids junk.
    She wanted a X5 or an ML but I wanted an Merc E63 AMG V8
    The show stopper was the fuel consumption at around 14mpg round town and 20mpg on a run if ya lucky.
    Ended up buying the next model down which still had the lowered suepension, 19" wheels, 7 speed Flappy Paddle gearbox etc,
    Downside was it's a Diesel, albeit a 265bhp one, still does 160mph an 5.9 to 60.

[​IMG]

The Brucie bonus though was now our 3rd child is 1 she relented when I pointed out the 3 years 0% finance on new Fireblades, so I now have this as well!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. rocket

rocket Active Member

got to have our toys sinewave, martin its daytona grey, yes i,ll pop some pics up dave too. good choice gray theres a guy in falmouth with a sprint blue converible its lovely. and yes icarus the sound is addictive. sorry trying to answer everyone in 1 go lol

12. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice come on we want pics lol

13. rocket

rocket Active Member

heres the only pic i took today after rinsing her off. will get some more over weekend.

[​IMG]

#13 rocket, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  14. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Nice Wheels!

I've always been torn between an RS6 and the C/E63 AMG

15. matt

matt Active Member

If when I win lottery that's going to be my every day toy, absolutely love them, did you see the episode of motorway cops when they pulled the German dude over goin 130+ on the m6?

There's a tuning company near me who make these even more bonkers

16. sinewave

sinewave God Like

• Like Like x 1
  17. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

I cant believe....

I am reading this as this is going on in my head at the moment!! I really want an Audi avant estate as they are flippin gorgeous (Got a crappy Vauxhall Zafira at the moment). I have my 2012 blade but would like a bit more excitment in the car as I am constantly with my two young boys as well (Just turned three today and the other two on the 12th april). Bike will never be sold but want to share a bit of motor vehicle fun with the lads aswell. (but as we know like carrying a pillion you have their interests to respect aswell so not stupid).

Great thread and the car is awesome!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Rocket,

Can I asked you how much you paid for that and what year/mileage (Wont be offended if you dont) as that is sublime!!

19. sinewave

sinewave God Like

My little Lad is 3 and he likes saying "Ready Steady GO!" when we are at the M6 Toll Booths and all around us are doing the F1 GP Start when the Barrier lifts!

(We aint been beat yet!) :cool:

[​IMG]

#19 sinewave, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  20. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Ace!! Mine always say "Daddy go" when I am stopped at lights or in a traffic jam!!