First ride out on 2010 Repsol blade

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Stuzza11, May 12, 2015.

1. Stuzza11

Stuzza11 New Member

First blast on new bike....

Well had me first blast out on new Fireblade well new to me Fireblade a 2010 abs model... I have only ever ridden 600 sports bikes and making the move to the thous is the best thing I ever did so much easier to ride lol loved it bloody thing is so so so fast I couldn't believe how quick it was scary quick lol

• Like Like x 5
  2. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

:D I remember when I got my new one I felt the same way,so much more torque than the 600. After patiently running it in,the first day I used the full rev range I had the biggest grin ever. It was still there when I went to bed:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Going from the Speed Triple to the Blade was different for me. took me a little while to get used to the riding position but never looked back since.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

My test ride on my Blade was right after losing my Ducati 750, . That had been the best thing I'd ever owned, and climbing on the FireBlade at tickover was quite scary. After a 40 minute, very tentative, scamper around the lanes, I pulled up back at Bridge Garage and my missus said "You didn't like it."

"What makes you say that?"

"I was expecting a grin from ear to ear. You just look scared..."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Brilliant mate, glad you enjoyed your first Blade experience lots of summmer ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Glad you love it :) I'm still smiling a year later after getting mine, the thrills never go away......enjoy :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stuzza11

Stuzza11 New Member

Thanks for all the comments was def And eye opener going to the blade I love it ... So much will be out tonight too for a blast round the Derbyshire dales then round to Matlock bath if anyone's about look out for me will be having a coffee at Charles bar at some point lol.

I think I should have upgraded was well from the 600 ninja to the blade a long time ago as now riding the blade it's so much for forgiving sounds stupid but it is the 600 was hard to ride up and down gears it was snappy and not very stable but yeah the blade is by far the machine to have loveeeeee it to think was looking at getting the Italian panagaili glad I didn't now beautiful looking bikes however :.. Take care guys ride safe Stu

8. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

I went from a CBR600 to the blade and had exactly the same first ride as you. Easier to ride but so fast, and eager to press on. I felt like I has just tickling the throttle and it was off like a shot! Best thing I ever did. Still get goosbumps before I ride it after nearly 2 years :)

9. Greco

Greco Active Member

Going from a GS to a Fireblade is an experience to itself! Just great!! I was looking fot it for sometime and it finally became reality

• Like Like x 2