First Ride

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Remal, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

WOW, she was a good one.

First thought was sh it. What have I done. So much different to what i'm used to. And I like it

I waited until it was not that cold and rolled the Blade out. Summer gloves as I wanted to have a good feel of the bike. started it up. all ready to go and stalled it. feck it.
    Again started the bike. sounds nice. must remember to not rev the nuts off of the bike. I think i'm going to keep it below 6-7k and not rev to hard or brake to hard. which I managed apart from once when over taking a few cars
    Fecking hell its quick. New tyres, new brakes, 7 miles on the clock, new engine

Be gentle.

Must not rev to much. Be gentle.. The brakes are amazing. either though they have not bed in they feel stronger than the brembo's on my triple, "Brakes I thought were amazing" but these are better.

it changes direction so quick. Love it.

Getting used to it now. comfy, amazed how the fairing keeps the cold wind off you. hands warm'ish. as is the rest of me. cruising down the local by pass at a little over the limit. So glad of the larger Honda Screen. doing a great job.

First experience on my own superbike. Love it. going to take the most of the dry weather when. Hope my legs gets stronger over the next few months.

only did 20 miles to bath and back plus filling the bike up. Got to say I have loads to learn and find out about the blade but going to enjoy every minute of it.

And I loved the smell of a new bike in the afternoon. :not_ripe::not_ripe::not_ripe:

#1 Remal, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  2. stigg

stigg Active Member

And it will get better every time you take her out!!!!

3. matt

matt Active Member

i cant wait get out on mine....roll on sunshine

4. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

I'll be on mine tomorrow, rain or shine.

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

working today and a nice day for a ride. always the same