Forum Event Idea ??????

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by dan.1moore1, Sep 30, 2011.

1. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Well since joining our forum i find my self talking to you guys on here more often than i do my own friends in person so Im back to the forum meet and great idea .

I know it has been mentioned before and the oldham track day was an awesome opportunity but i didn't have the funds at the time and was worried about crashing and having no transport home.

I just had an idea and thought id lay it on the table .

How about a 1000rr.co.uk Dyno day ?

Not a full tune and remap but just a performance run? My local Dynojet guy charges 35 bucks to just run and print out what your bike is knocking out.

For me its a small price to pay for something that is informative, cool to have and an accuse to hang out and talk Fireblades with you lot all day.

Im pretty sure any rolling road guys would be down for booking they're services out for the hole day to a huge gang of paying customers .

Just an idea guys but if people think it could work shall we take this idea to the next step ?

• Like Like x 2
  2. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Would rather spend the money on fuel around your local roads mate, but only because i have already had my bike on the dyno so i know what she makes

i would prob still ride over though

3. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Ahhhh but having all the bikes on the same dyno on the same day would be an eye opener .... I have used 2 different dyno shops and got wildly different values

4. dan.1moore1

i didn't think about people already having the data .. Just fancy a get together to be honest. I know we are in a heat wave for the time being but the weather is probably gonna drop right off soon . I suppose that would give us all the winter to plan a start of the season meet

5. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

I do know a guy in Bridgewater with his own mobile Dyno business. For me, a meet would have to include a trackday, and/or a rideout. I don,t mind organising it.

6. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I like the dyno Idea and the trackday Idea, to be honest I dont mind what we do I am like Dan would just be nice to meet the people behind the tags :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. tandbiskits

tandbiskits Active Member

We have got all winter to organise it, so perhaps put up a poll as to what people might want to do or not?

• Like Like x 2
  8. dan.1moore1

Now thats a good idea .. Weather is against us now and we got time to find out what everyone wants and meet somewhere in the middle

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I think that due to members coming from all areas. We may need to just and try arrange a few meets for people in various areas. I know their are a few around the South west. So Maybe a south meet. I don't think the nice member 4-6 hours North want to ride/drive down just to say hi unless it's for a a weekend even. BSB/Moto GP event etc...

With the winter coming along we could have a few meets even if its just for a meal an chat at a pub?

I've done this on various forums in the past. Come the winter you get less chance of being out on the bike for ride outs so other means to meet up are always welcome

• Like Like x 1
  10. dan.1moore1

Good idea Matt .. Our scotland members are not gonna want to ride 6 hours as you said . These meets have gotta be done thou as i think everybody is at the stage where we all fancy a get together