fuel management systems - PC vs Bazzaz

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Slick, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Slick

Slick Elite Member

A mate of mine forwarded this to me. It gives the low down on fuel management systems and a comparison of the leading technologies.

The dude writing this does work for Bazzaz so some bias is expected, but the write up does explain the purpose of these little black boxes very nicely.

It is from a ninja forum so adjust your screens as there will be a lot of green!

The Breakdown on Fuel Management Systems - ZX6R Forum

• Like Like x 3
  2. scooby

scooby Elite Member

interesting read,albeit slightly 1 sided ;)

3. Saul

Saul New Member

Very interesting ;) I've wondered about the different units and the differences, some answers there for me.

4. Slick

Slick Elite Member

There is a lot of info there, but as I said, the author is a Bazzaz employee and the write-up shows it!. He does seem to have a reason for why they do things differently to Dynojet, some seem quite valid others are marketing BS!

5. scooby

scooby Elite Member

thats the thing,if a dynojet man did a write up no doubt he could justify why dynojet do it this way etc..

1 thing i knew about the dynojet was the live autotune,which imo is better than going out testing then changing the map to suit as temp etc is constantly changing.stating that sensors can give false readings etc is where facts get bent to suit the certain manufacturer.

saying that,i do love my bazzaz system,and the fact that(as stated) everything works from 1 unit,plus the q/s is a dam site better than the dynojet offerings.

6. Gos6

Gos6 Active Member

There is a lot of information in the report on the way the units work, but that's it for me.

All the BS and opinion on what is good and bad does not wash with me. It even makes me question the difference further and what is being hidden. I cannot see an independent report coming out with a neutral data set any time soon so I am sceptical and will stay with what I know works.

The key point for both systems is not to rely on a downloaded map long term. I have compared my custom maps to those available for download and there are always differences. Either system would have this potential variation.

7. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

VERY one sided.....lol

Bazzaz does not give control over all 8 injectors, control is where you can map the uppers and lowers, Bazzaz does add fuel to the uppers but you have no control over it?

But hay more is more right, it's been proven time and time again that with near stock motors the are no significant (if any) gains in mapping the uppers hence why DJ don't build it into the PCV they offer the SFM as an option to those with motors in a higher state of tune.

At the end of the day all aftermarket piggy back fuel modules allow users to correct the AFR of a FI bike, if your buying one my advice is locate your nearest dyno centre and ask them what they prefer to map. It's them who have to understand the unit more so than the rider! Also with tuning NO one questions the price you just pay and reap the gains...lol

Bazzaz nearly always POP up when people question it, Ive asked them questions many times and had conversations with them online in many usernames and when asked to prove many points they just don't answer in my experience. The shifter is crap and DJ is not much better is at all, but that's easy HM!

Im sure they will be along in a mo with some marketing for us all as has happened so many time to me before...then I'm sure they can show on paper why the system is so much better than all the others....lol

#7 arthurbikemad, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. shanes

shanes Active Member

At least the Bazzaz fuel module does work, unlike the rest of the stuff they sell , QS is utter crap and so called TC is the plain shit how they can call it TC and get away with it is scary

is the Bazzaz any better than the others NO , it maybe cheap but you get what you pay for

• Like Like x 1
  9. scooby

scooby Elite Member

strange you say about the Q/S as from my experience it's spot on.

never used a HM version,but had cordonaGP switches,DJ switches,translogic full ignition modules etc and the bazzaz is by far the smoothest.

10. arthurbikemad

Scooby your the first person Ive ever heard that likes it, tbh most that run a good pace say its sh@t!

Like Shane's says TC and QS are poop! IMO. HM all day long and if you want TC try Nemesis. (oh and be sure it's switched on and calibrated too wink wink private message to some one who just high sided with it switched off)

11. scooby

scooby Elite Member

lol strange that as everyone i know at track loves them compared to DJ,although i do think it's lacking compared to the HM gauge.

your right about the TC though,i cant get myt head around (well i can but not how it works well) how they can have a TC system that doesn't use any wheel sensors.i do have the TC on mine but always have it turned right down.i have however just bought the TC light indicater to see if it is kicking in at all as the only time i've felt it cut the igintion is in the wet (but going in a straight line....)

• Like Like x 1
  12. arthurbikemad

Well your happy mate so all is good... A lot of it is in the riders head and buyers feel they have invested in the better product, Bazzaz pump and pump at marketing the 8 injector thing so people feel as it fuels all 8 they have a better more powerful package but on paper you'd never see any difference, as I say you can not map the uppers on Bazzaz independently when I last looked so my guess is they have an algorithm that fuels them depending on whats mapped overall, DJ SFM lets you map the uppers and lowers independently so the tuner has full control over the injection system that with the IM gives the tuner huge scope over the AFR and IG timing however it's only as good as the tuner and most don't do any more than the standard PC offers.. also pointless on most as many have a stock motor, cams, air box etc etc..
    I do feel DJ offer a good package and tbh Id say its better thought out IMO but in not saying there is anything wrong with Bazzaz FI for the many.

• Like Like x 2
  13. scooby

scooby Elite Member

of course,i'm not arguing that bazzaz is better or vice versa,my main comment is about the Q/S.on my last bike i had neither as it was running kit ECU+loom,with a seperate ignition module for the Q/S.problem with the kit stuff(HRC at least) is theres not many that have the relavant data lead or softeware to map it,i'm lucky i have FW developments on my doorstep,who are the main UK dealer for DJ but do a hell of a lot of dyno work for some of the big boys (they even had an NR750 in there running a full motec system!!!),but still mapped this bike with the bazzaz system,we did have a bit of chat about the merits of each unit,but as you say,they are basically doing the same job just in different ways.

• Like Like x 1
  14. arthurbikemad

Agree fully mate think if we all had buckets of cash it would be easy, funny thing is with high end systems they need whole teams of people, top riders, track time, dyno time and so on to get it working then you have to add an ever changing environment into the mix....lol FW are defo the people to listen to hence why I say to people ask your local dyno guys what they like to work with etc and take the advice, if they want to run with Bazzaz then fair do's... All that matters is good AFR and power curve etc, think most systems give 90% of people what they need, the other 10% are prob in major series racing running high end systems etc... Im a DJ dealer but margins are so small half the time I don't even bother to chase for sales as people can buy PC online for what I pay trade, so what's the point? It's only convenient now for my own supply and fit service that orders can be placed with ease, but sadly if your in it to make money you will never get rich...not even make enough from DJ for a burger and chips down the cafe....lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. scooby

scooby Elite Member

no dont get me wrong,FW are dynojet through and through,like i said they are main UK importer/dealer,but the tuning side of it(as in engine work,not fueling) is pretty much seperate buisness anyway but they will basically map whatever system your running even the HRC/motec or whatever factory ECU your running.