Fueling with Akrapovic race end can

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Stueee, May 27, 2015.

1. Stueee

Stueee New Member

Hi all,

I have a 08 blade and fitted a s/h Akrapovic carbon race end can to it over the winter months and it looks and sounds great but not so keen on the engine hunting at idle !!. I put the baffle in and it seems to have improved a little but prefer the sound with it out.

I know that i probably need a power commander to get it sorted out but can't really afford one at the moment and bike seems to run ok apart from the hunting at idle. i'm don't really have a great understanding about fueling and emissions but believe its down to the 02 sensor trying to adjust the mixture because of the reduced back pressure with the new end can and wonderd if the 02 sensor only tries to correct the air/fuel ratio at idle and would it cure it if i fitted an 02 eliminator.

Sorry for asking a question that has probably been asked many times before but if anyone has five mins to explain how it works that would be great.

Thanks

2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Might be worth doing an ecu reset, which basically is starting the bike and letting it idle until the fans cut in then turning off and it should be better when restarted!

But most bike with an aftermarket can will hunt a little on idle

3. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Had a similar problem with my yoshi w/o baffle, it will still hunt with an eliminator.
    Richening it up helps.
    When I put the baffle in the addtional back pressure reduces the hunt massively

4. Stueee

Stueee New Member

Looks like i'll have to keep the baffle in and keep saving for pcv and set up then !!!!