Full systems - What to consider?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Rich_R, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Rich_R

Rich_R Active Member

Looking for a full system for my '08.

I currently have a Leo Vince can, I could simply add the headers to match. But something tells me just to sell it and buy a full system.

So what options have I got? Akra, newer Leo Vince (Evo II), Arrow? Even the full Ti exhaust by Nojima (not sure these have ever made it to the UK from JP) anything else?

(i did search for 'system' on the forum, but nothing much came up!)

Thought welcome.

Cheers

2. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Id defo consider the likes if the akrapovic or arrow systems as they have had loads of testing on the blade. The Leo vince would be much the same. Nutty has the akrapovic full sytem on hers and swears by it.

3. Mogsy

Mogsy Active Member

Why do you want a full system? If its looks then fair enough but for performance I've been told that the standard headers are extremely good already so you won't get a big improvement like on some bikes,

4. the scouser

the scouser Active Member

I have a full arrows system on my 04, well happy with it. I'd say you need to plan on getting it custom mapped if you going to the expense of a full system......You could speak to someone like FW Developments, they'll tell you all you need to know and advise on costs....

5. DimST

DimST Active Member

Leovince & arrow makes great system as long as you go and buy their top of the range race systems. Top value is the akrapovic racing line. Lightweight for stainless system, with good performance and you don't have to break the moneybox from all your family to buy it. Their Evolution systems (full titanium) are the only systems that can be put next to Japanese systems.
    Nojima as every Japanese exhaust system is great in every aspect. Quality-fitting-ligthweight-top performance. Arata used to make great system too - not sure if there are any more left as Arata stopped making exhausts for bikes (tha't what my last update on them sais but you never know), moriwaki makes probably the best (I would give a call Untitled Document if they have such a system for sale!)
    Only problem is that a few of those racing systems produce more than 99dB which might be a problem on a few tracks - You must check this. Spares is a problem also is some cases...

6. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

For the best power figures, the Akrapovic full TI BSB system is the way to go, developed intensely at the akra workshop using an HM Plant blade (both superstock and superbike) to develop them.

7. DimST

DimST Active Member

Are those systems in some kind of production?

8. CastrolCraig

9. DimST

DimST Active Member

Do you have some kind of pictures of further info? My only issue would be that if it's been designed for a full spec superbike BSB it wont be the best for a stock or nearly stock bike. of course you can always put it on your salon... :D

10. CastrolCraig

Buy the superstock one then, as ive already said they are designed for both...NT has a full akra BSB system on her oad bike and ive got the same on my superstock bie, neither has any issues!

• Like Like x 1
  11. JM1

JM1 Active Member

12. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

it's something I've been thinking about for ages, just every time I look at the price of something decent my jaw hits the ground. Anyone have any experiance with Taylormade? think they looks the dog's on the bike

13. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Taylormade have a poor rep on here poor quality build and poor power results.
    I have not had one so only saying what's been said before :) they may be fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

There's no smoke without fire, so thanks for the advice I'll cross that off my list

15. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Yep, heard bad things about Taylormade's!!!

16. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Taylormade is all looks mate..........but rot and shot after a couple of years plus no extra umph ! lol,

17. scunnylad

scunnylad Active Member

Full Akra Ti evo system on mine

Top quality gear !

18. disco1969

disco1969 Active Member

Taylormade are tat, they lose power!

19. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Yup ... I can really recommend the full BSB system in titanium . It weighs about as much as a crisp packet .. looks the dogs .. its so pretty in blue .. sounds gorgeous .
    My bike has straight through air intakes and a race filter . Quicker in / quicker out :)

And although its not been on the dyno yet ( soon I hope ) I feel it picks up the revs quicker . In fact on a recent track day several people came over to say how great
    it sounds and also how it pulls away coming out of corners .

20. Rich_R

Rich_R Active Member

Nutty/Craig - Do you have the model number for this akra system? Also, any pics?

No issues with DB noise levels out here in Asia. Biggest issue is it's illegal to run a non-approved exhaust (only a few are allowed) and full systems are banned. But hell to that! No problems with mapping as I've got the Bazzaz system (and autotune)

Nojima is quality, having seen one in the flesh, its good and a decent price too. Different with the longer can however. Here's a pic for those who've never seen one:

[​IMG]

Arata, I've seen a slip on (loud) but no full system.

HRC system - fook that, how much!?! :eek: