Fully comp breakdown travel insurance for Europe .

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Kevin1, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

we are going to Europe in July and was wondering who you guys use for your breakdown travel insurance. We need fully breakdown and repatriation cover should the worst happen

2. Iain

Iain Active Member

Green Flag has worked for me.

3. Manfred

Manfred Active Member

Who are you insured with? Bennetts include some form of recovery.

4. Bradley

Bradley New Member

So what are you lot paying for said cover? Me and my dad are riding through France to the south of Spain in July, and cover would be nice

5. edderby

edderby Active Member

I insure with Carole Nash and it's automatically included. Wasn't cheapest quote, but took it for the European cover (and used it last week in Belgium!).
    In prior years I took out annual european breakdown and recovery policy with RAC (or AA, one of the 2) and I think it was about £90. Could have had a cheaper price, but wanted to get cover from a company that I had heard of...

6. CBR-Pete

CBR-Pete Active Member

7. bradt

bradt Elite Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bradley

Bradley New Member

Excellent fellas, much appreciated, just had a couple quotes and they seem to be coming out at £35 give or take, I thought it was going to cost at least double that, there's no point in not having it at that price.

9. Alblade

Alblade God Like

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jack930

jack930 Active Member

Im with Bennetts and have the Europe cover,, not had to use them yet, got it with FC on my bike

11. Si.

Si. God Like

http://www.vehicle-rescue.com

Used them for 5 years.... And Kev, be careful on travel insurance, a lot of them. inc your bank, won't insure you for anything over 125cc if you are motorcycling abroad... theres a lot of rules changed this year., check the small print.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Si, you old dog! Where you been?!!:p

13. Si.

Si. God Like

Just got back from 12 days away in the Pyrenees, Buarritz, Barcelona, Zaragoza etc....

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

You know I'm a veteran of that place? How did you like it? The Rioja is to die for!

15. Si.

Si. God Like

Very good, did some cracking roads, we where staying in Coustouges, and the run up and run to Spain was miles of fab roads, but horrendous surfaces in places. From Biarritz to Coystouges, very fast open corners, great surface, tight bends, the lot. We went over the Pyrenees and using the n124 to Carcassonne etc.. Hit rain here and we all had moments at 100+ in the rain, I had a big slide when the back whipped out, as did the others.. Oops! Hit the road Gary said over the top near the wind farms on the way back from Zaragoza so took the long way back, doing silly speeds when at the summit, hit snow for 200meters! Massive crash opposite with buses and cars, and a crash in front of us, we avoided it, just by going through the middle of it! Some great roads Steve, and i can understand the appeal. However, for me, Germany has it licked in all ways.... Better roads, scenery, the run to Switzerland is great with the Alps etc, and the run to Italy via the Ardennes through the Black Forest, B48, 500 etc is epic. Just "prettier" and more scenic. We stayed in some lovely places though, Biarritz is beautiful, great food and wine, Coustouges is a tiny village and we used one of my clients places which was lovely, Carcassone is lovely, a walled city. Barcelona is great in the day, but shit food and the night time there is horrendous...far too touristy with dodgy fookers everywhere. We've got some tales to tell there LOL. We stay out of tourist areas on our euro trips, and Barcelona cemented the fact why we do. Zaragoza is amazing, great food, wine, G&T etc...and lovely people.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Si.

Si. God Like

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Si.

Si. God Like

But, another epic trip, nice places and people...and great to be away with the lads. Great food, great company, great roads, great cocktails and wines, weather was fantastic, just cements the fact why we go away on the bikes for pure enjoyment. Fabulous stuff!

18. Slimwilly

Slimwilly Member

Last year my mate used RAC ,,it was total bullshit,,Triumph broke down,,RAC call center no help,,really crap,local representative came ,lorry,took bike away,phoned and said hire a car,leave at border,hire another car in France,leave at tunnel,,,,really left him in the shit,i cannot explain how fucking useless they are,,,he came back on the back of another bike,,bike repatriated after three bloody weeks ,unrepaired