Garage nights

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Bats, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Bats

Bats Active Member

So cmon as well as the modding what do you do?

Ie how many peeps and beers are there who is the one that does fook all and watches while drinking beer and talking bollox?

Haha:jaw:

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Im the Mug doing all the work . My mates bring they're bikes over , help me get them on the stands and then talk they're ways out of doing much lol

3. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I'm defo the 1 with the spanners doing the mechanical stuff. Although having said that without my mate giving me a hand I would be attempting half the stuff on my own.

4. Bats

Bats Active Member

Well tbh i spanner and talk and drink and smoke and drink and spanner and talk and smoke and drink and spanner and drink and talk ;)

Then we go eat :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Same, just without the smoke, im the one working away on mine & anyone that needs a hands bike!

6. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

We're all workers, apart from 1. All the mates bikes end up at mine and it doesn't just stop at the unbolt and bolt on parts. Last eventful evening was flashing the ECU on a mates K8 1000 and a B-King to remove the 186 limiter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Nice lamp ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

I have worked on mine, mates and strangers bikes for 35 years. Never go near bike shops if I can help it. I do all my own mods and also make/modify stainless collector boxes/manifolds and silencers. Also make stainless brackets sissy and light bars!!!

9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Love the second image. Classic 'geezer with hands in pocket' shot. Can only be trumped, I believe by the 'lifting one cheek to drop one's guts' shot.

10. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I don't have any mates that ride, (I do have freinds though, Honest) so there very little chat & tinker etc. My bike is very clean though lol

11. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

I do try and get to the spanners, under supervision of course, My teacher keeps a close eye on me and gives it a quick check over just to make sure I've done it right, anything too technical I just get to take pictures and watch the master at work ;)
    But I have to agree I do go a little over board on the invites? ;)
    Our next garage night "next Friday" is just to set susspension up on mine, so it's more of a social than anything!
    There are 11 coming round I think?
    I have learnt my lesson well, the more you invite the less you get done, so when it's anything major, it's just peeps that are working, the rest can stand round talking Bo##ocks elsewhere, Ain't that so Bats ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bats

Bats Active Member

Iis indeed gazza ;)

• Like Like x 1