Gave the blade it's first track size down yesterday

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by damodici, Aug 21, 2011.

1. damodici

damodici Active Member

Yep, yesterday was the blades first track day after selling my beloved R1 4xv track bike that I've been using the last two years. So no limits at donington was the event to do it on.

First things first, R&G everywhere (apart from engine case sliders as they sent me cb1000r versions......their fault) and even fitted the new Yoshi R77 protector which is actually quite good, dosnt look ugly really and best bit is it just clamps around so easily gets taken back off for non track use.

It was a 98 day and my Yoshi was running 102db+ so out came the baffle, at this point I'd highly recommend you all go and check behind the rubber grommet on your R77's, they havnt drilled out the hole properly, couldn't leaver it out so we had to drill it at track which before the first session was a pain in the ass.

The hero blobs on these pegs are HUUUGE, first lap I'd forgot to take them off and ground one straight away, amatuer :)

They came straight off then back out on track :)

So was running the new rosso corsas I had fitted a week or two ago, theyd only done about 50miles so took the first session quiet and worst part was I had to run in novices as inters and fast group were full, at least it gave me time to fiddle with the bike a bit. Tyres are awesome really, can't see there being a much better set of fast road rubber, good grip, they wear extremely evenly and keep temp up nicely, couple of guys in my group running slicks wernt pulling away, obviously they went novice either but none the less great Tyres and highly recommended.

Power delivery was smooth, still got to get used to the slipper as normally I can feel what gear I'm in due to engine braking & rev pitch but the slipper seems to mask that and got it wrong a few times (nearly high sided at Melbourne, had the knee of the deck and the back just span up and gripped..... I dived on the front bars like superman and somehow saved it.....pants ruined though)

Standard pegs initially you think theyre high, but honestly with a lot of lean I reckon up and back a bit more is required so desperately need some sets now.

My other gripe isn't really the bikes fault, you see the new diablo rosso's I bought a couple of weeks ago are actually 190/50 which at the time I didn't really consider due to rushing, yes they're the standard blade size so probably that's why I did it BUT I'm used to running 190/55 racetecs and even the RC8 has 55's so yesterday I was coming off the side ever so slightly, could even feel it round redgate so checked them again this morning and you can see how I've knurled the rubber right over the edge so obviously I'm looking for that extra bit of lean I'm used to and it's just not there on a 50 profile and I ran most of the day on the very edge.

I'll get pics up soon in case you interested and should anybody want a pair/rear of rosso's that are two weeks old with less than 150 miles on them pre scrubbed pm me, I at least need a 55 rear for my next outing if I'm gonna ring it's neck :woot:

#1 damodici, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  2. masher66

masher66 Active Member

Good update - pleased the bike went ok !

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

sounds like a top day at the track

4. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Sounds good mate... :)

5. damodici

damodici Active Member

FOOK ME! :)

Arthurs here as well, you really are a forum whore arent ya ;)

its good to know cyberspace is such a small world matey!

6. arthurbikemad

lol, I know mate I'm a cyber slut :fruitsex: (not sure about that smiley), same can be said for you mate your on all the forums, question is where next.. :)

#6 arthurbikemad, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  7. damodici

damodici Active Member

Dunno mate, let's see what 2012 brings and whether the mrs let's me keep buying bikes :)

8. arthurbikemad

Indeed mate, sounds like your on the case.. :)

9. damodici

damodici Active Member

Finally got some pics back from the track day, thought id post them up so you could at least see the R7G Yoshi protector and obviously the occasional hero shot........nearly high sider not included :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe a racing screen but ill be buggered if i can fit 6ft 3" behind it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. arthurbikemad

Nice pics mate, damm your one tall dude! You should see me on a RR8+ I need a ladder to get on even if it is the size of a 600.. :)

11. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Awesome pics mate.. Those Knee sliders are Chillsed LoL

• Like Like x 1
  12. damodici

damodici Active Member

Mate, im like a gorilla on a rollerskate on most bikes, The RC8 is pretty big so that's half the reason i get on with that.

But the blade is a small bike, its ok though, i thought i blended in quite nicely with the black n white :)
    All elbows n knees mate, stabilizers!

• Like Like x 1
  13. damodici

damodici Active Member

It's the long legs mate, good job I don't hang off really bad :)

Actually, I could probably do with gettin some new ones soon..... I'll leave it a bit longer, bit of life left in em yet!

• Like Like x 1
  14. fisher

fisher Active Member

Great pics mate, and it sounded like you have a wicked day

15. dan.1moore1

With the price of kit these days u Gotta get your moneys worth lol

16. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

i had an off on mine on Sunday at a track, mine also has the R&G everywhere as well and the bike hasnt, on first inspection, come out of it too bad. Shame i didnt have the R&G for the exhaust cause it may have just saved it!!!!

17. dan.1moore1

bad news bud, Hope its not to bad

18. Bat Fastard

Bat Fastard Active Member

Come on toad boy, get that Blade fixed!

Then you can stop mucking about at Odiham and ride some proper tracks again.:mod:

#18 Bat Fastard, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  19. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

That's not a knee slider. That's a side stand!