George Whites Final sale

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by Repsol Rob, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

George White Mega Muvva Sale this weekend 10th March...............clothes, accessories, and bike auction (Swindon only)....... at Swindon. Bolton & Slough....will be like New Years sale !!!

2. dave d

dave d Elite Member

there could be a bargain to be had.too far for me though.

3. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

yeah if your into frank thomas............ i suppose there will be a decent bargain but you ll have to be camped outside.....

4. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Three George White clothing stores will open this weekend under a new name of Mega Motorcycle Store, after a deal was agreed between administrators and a private investor.
    Three clothing branches of George White, in Swindon, Bolton and Slough, will reopen under the Mega Motorcycle Store brand on Saturday 10 March and will be managed by former George White staff members.
    All of the remaining George White stock that was held by administrators has been bought by Mega Motorcycle Store, with the new retailer aiming to continue “the clothing and accessory bargains for which the Swindon-based dealer was renowned”.
    At present, there are no plans to sell new motorcycles although there will be an auction of more than 100 motorcycles that were held by George White before the retailer went under at the Swindon store on the opening day. Models can be viewed online or on viewing days on Thursday 8 March and Friday 9 March.
    Former George White director, Steve Gannicott was reported by Visor Down as saying: “It was truly heartbreaking to see George White go under - not just for me but for all the lads and lasses who worked so hard to try and pull things round when trading conditions got so tough. It was the clothing and accessory bargains that really kept the company going when it could no longer offer the generous discounts on new bikes that manufacturers previously allowed.
    “This new venture is going to concentrate solely on those clothing and accessory bargains that Britain’s bikers have become accustomed to. It’s really difficult to build a business plan around new bike sales at the moment because there’s so little confidence out there in the market. For now, we’ll concentrate on what we know works best for both the business and, of course, the customers.”
    The online store and the motorcycle auction lot is visible on Mega Motorcycle Store Online Shop - Helmets, Clothing, Leathers, Jackets, Gloves, Boots and Accessories

• Like Like x 1
  5. Villan

Villan Active Member

Oi my gears Frank Thomas.....its ok, in fact its pretty good..........................................for the price lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

I did nt mean to offend anyone but they did have loads of FT stuff in the warehouse.....lol

7. Villan

Villan Active Member

Haha dont worry mate i'm not offended lol :)

8. abv

abv Active Member

There could be some huge bargains to be had in the motorcycle auction. I'm almost tempted to go pick something up to sell on later.

9. Simon

Simon Active Member

Gutted ! I've just moved from Swindon last week .... Bloody typical !! After some leathers and boots too ........ :rolleyes:

10. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

I was there ( Slough ). No bargains, same price like before they went into administration. You can buy the same stuff on the internet for the same price. Some of the Items were pretty messed up, so I didn't buy anything.

11. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

Thats a bit crap, I bet it got a good few people through the doors tho eh.

#11 Andrew, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  12. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Katch from clevedon Motorcycles said yesterday a few 11 plate blades went for under 7k and one for 3.5k with 57 miles on it at Swindon GW

13. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

Bloody hell thats more like it!

14. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

Can you just remove your threat because we all don't want to hear that ! ( Haaaaaa ) We all paid more....

15. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I know I forgot about it but don't need anything either at mo and was busy but after hearing that wished I did pick up a new blade for that money

16. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

I almost glad i'm a decent distance away, I could have landed myself right in it.

17. abv

abv Active Member

I knew it. Should have gone down with my credit card, put the bike straight on eBay and sold it before the bill came in.