Germanwings Plane Crash

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by rewy..rr, Mar 24, 2015.

1. rewy..rr

rewy..rr Active Member

Just heard about the German plane crash in the French Alps, I know we have a few German members on the forum, so thought I would take this opportunity to offer my condolences to the families of those of who have died in this accident

• Like Like x 1
  2. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

I am with you bother regarding your condolences.

I am back and forth between the UK and Germany on a weekly basis but have never used Germanwings……….I fly the flag…..oh, and rack up the regular FF miles.

That said I doubt BA do anything do anything different or other than the recommended maintenance. Luck of the draw IMO.

Oh FI, I am on an Airbus tomorrow out of Heathrow afternoon.

Ken, all ears mate, you are now my executor:

Ling: sell everything but don’t for FS sell my 1199 for what I said I paid for it.

Daniel gets my private registration plate and all my gold coins

Jack gets my watches

The rest, including my pension and death in service you split between the 3 of you but Mary gets what’s left of my arse hole.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

Terrible news,heard there was a whole class of kids returning from an exchange trip.

4. RepsolPaul

RepsolPaul Well-Known Member

My friend was looking at flights with them last night for his son who's doing the Pata Honda European Junior cup.

Proberly the safer time to fly after a disaster, but always puts you off picking them.

Sad time for some families right now.

Count our blessings, make each day count.

5. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Did a day trip to Dublin today and saw this as I got to the office in the City Centre.
    Like many who have travelled down the Route Napoleon they will understand the remoteness of the location and also the beauty.

Ironic that on the morning flight I spoke with a passenger about how routine air travel has become, an hour later I am reading this news.
    Seeing the footage it looks like a devastating impact

I add the following taken in June a couple of years back not far from Digne / Barcelonette and the site of the accident to give people an idea of the terrain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]