Germany v Brazil - 5/0 at half time

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Germany v Brazil - 5/0 at half time

Oh my god..............

I am going to Germany tomorrow evening for a two day strategy meeting, they are going to be absolutely f&$king unbearable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I was in Germany in 1990 when they beat us in the semi-finals on penalties. Almost a riot that night when they turned up taunting us.

3. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Not a football man...but Ive got Germany in the works sweepstake, so this is a good thread lol

4. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Rather that then spending a couple of days with some miserable brazilians.... Lol

It was unbelievable in the first half - could of been more. Fair play to them.

5. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

7/0 so far......... I need to find a really good reason to cancel this trip……….I can’t go out drinking with them…if they wind me up, which they will…..I am going to spend the rest of the summer brushing up on my German whilst trying not to drop the soap in the showers.

Thank god I don’t have to go into the office in the morning; I have already had a text from our CEO which I am ignoring.

• Like Like x 1
  6. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

What a mess that was lol I don't think zee Germans played as well as it looked, brazil just played shite!

7. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Same here :D

8. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Had Germany to win and both teams to score

image.jpg

9. maxxuk

maxxuk New Member

I hope there ain't too many German Nationals on this forum, someone might get this the wrong way and take offence.

I ain't a Germany fan but saw the game, I think they have to be given credit for what they achieved, at the end they didn't only just beat Brazil with a very respectable score, but also had to beat a few other good teams to actually get into the semi.

As the Brazilian commentator said- "Football won tonight". Great attitude!

10. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

You can only beat what is put in front of you, and Brazil were poor, just like they have been throughout this tournament.

The Germans IMO played brilliantly, they took advantage of some very amateurish defending by the Brazilians and crucified them, think how many times you have seen England have the upper hand and not put a team away (ok accept you might need a long memory on that one), that's the difference between a very good team and an average one.

That's the mark of a very good team, going for the kill when the game opens up for you and not missing the opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Well I suspect there will be a few complaints to the TV watchdog after last night. OK it was after the watershed but I have never seen a Brazilian get battered like that on terrestrial TV before ;)

12. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

+1 England never seem to gel as well as these top teams!! I would love to see the weekly wage bill added together of the England team (at their respective clubs) compared to that of Costa Rica !!

• Like Like x 2
  13. BladeJogger

BladeJogger Member

The Germans were their typical ruthless selves,the Brazilians have been pretty arrogant during this tournament saying the trophy has their name on it etc,then the embarrassing shows of unity and the thing about Neymar last night,the way they were carrying on you would have thought the guy had died.Anyway they are a laughing stock now,they are still shit hot at beach volleyball though.