Get your name on Bongo's bike

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by kpone, Jun 7, 2012.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm sure we all agree what great news it was that Bongo is entered in a BSB meeting race, check out his announcement here.

http://1000rr.co.uk/racing-bike-sport/5047.htm

Dave came up with a brilliant idea for a chance to give him a bit of support of getting people to bung him a tenner each to help towards sponsorship on the day.

Bongo then suggested that he could get the contributors or the forum a mention on his bike graphics as a thank you.

The price of a couple of pints to be a BSB sponsor for the day. Come on guys, that's got to be worth a punt.

Who's up for it?

2. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

I am - can we get the site on it?!

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

So he said in the thread Rob.

4. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Im in. Great idea.
    I don’t have a paypal account but can do a online bank transfer if that is possible, can you pay money into someone’s paypal account that way ?

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Thank god!

I'm not the only one on the planet who doesn't have a clue how PayPal works.

6. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

great Idea and paypal is easier for me as I don't do other forums of Online banking. Special is me

7. bongo

bongo Active Member

This is so kind of you to think you'd like to help in this way! Thank you so much!!

So What i've decided, which i suggested in the other thread, is that i am going to strip the bike of all the graphics, and start fresh for this round. Signs express will provide a fresh design for the BSB round which will include the names of every single person who has contributed and helped me get there, and also this forum address, in prominent positions for photo opportunities. I will use Facebook and my website as a platform to get some advertisement for the forum, along with thanking everybody who helped me along the way for this opportunity, and of course get as much media coverage as possible! If things happen quickly enough, i could potentialy get this well underway and have the bike designed for the Thundersport GB Snetterton 200 round on 23rd/24th June as well, and i'm sure i could get a design that could remain for the season as a thank you to all who help.

Really a massive thank you for your thoughts, i'm constantly shocked by the generosity of the guys and gals of the motorbiking world, it's humbling!

As for how to help, Paypal and bank transfers are i guess the easiest two methods.

Paypal
    Paypal.com is a website that you can join for free and register a bank account and/or credit card. It connects with email addresses, so once you're joined, you can click the 'send money' button, and enter my address [email protected], the amount you'd like to send, and then have the chance to leave a message for me too. Send the donation as 'personal' and as a 'gift'. If Paypal has to drag money from your account and send it to me, it may charge a few pennys, but if you're already a user, via ebay, and have money in your paypal account, the personal and gift options ensure it's free for you. If you've never used Paypal and have no intention of, then it's understandable that you wouldn't want to go through the traumas of joining it simply for this. Maybe another method would be easier, like bank transfer, or a cheque etc

Bank transfer
    Bank transfers online, if you online bank, are free and easy. PM me if you want my details and i will send you what's needed. You can also drop into a Halifax bank with my details and pay in if you do not bank online.

Cheque/post/any other methods
    If you have any other methods you'd prefer to use, please message me and we can arrange something.

If you do help, can you please please make sure you let me know what you want on the bike, so your name is important! Maybe you want it from you and family, you and missus, the dog, goldfish, just let me know!

Thank you soooo much for supporting me in my racing, it's more appreciated than you'll ever know!!

Would anyone know if an admin happens to have a good sized file of the forum logo at the top that could be sent to me to arrange a design and getting it to print for the bike?

Thanks guys, absolutely brilliant of you!

Bongo

#7 bongo, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  8. Swiss T

Swiss T Active Member

What does it cost to have our names on then?

I would like to have my wifes name on & have a photo of it as a surpise.

Are you the guy who Andy Holmes helps out?

:)

9. bongo

bongo Active Member

Swiss, no i know Andy though, the guy he helps is Dean, one of my mates who i've known since he was a nipper! He races a Honda too, but a Honda CB500! Races the wheels off it too!

As for how much, it's a donation mate, whatever you want to help out with! Make sure i have a message from you though with your details so i can get it done right! :)

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Right, today I will sort it out then and become a sponsor. I'll need to get a thick camel coat and a fat cigar, and supposedly, some sort of sovereign based bling will be in order. I'm not certain, my only experience of sponsorship is when the cubs show up at the door with a crumpled sheet of paper for you to sign to see how long they can hold their breath underwater (never bloody long enough, in my opinion), so any guidance on how to proceed would be appreciated.

11. Freedom of choice

PM sent John, when I get your details racing pocket money will be sent via bank transfer

12. Swiss T

Swiss T Active Member

Would say £20 for a small name insult you; it should keep you in tracker bars & red bull for a day?

:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Bongo, it's on it's way mate. Use it unwisely, as is befitting how I usually invest my hard earned.

14. Swiss T

Swiss T Active Member

Sent my modest donation John.

Best of luck matey. :)

15. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Jeanette's just given me leave to wazz up to Cheshire for the weekend, so I'll get me'self a paddock pass and blag a beer off Bongo.

16. bongo

bongo Active Member

Wil be great to meet you mate! I'll message you my number so you can have some idea where we're stationed for the weekend!

17. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Excellent.

18. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Hope you have a great race mate. I'd be tying myself in knots at the thought of being able to ride with those guys.

Sponsor sent mate.

19. Fletch

Fletch Active Member

Just so you know ...

With PayPal if you request money you don't have to have an account to pay. You can just pay with card over a secure server.

Admittidly you lose a couple of % on charges but its another way round the non paypalers

So somebody could pm you saying they want to make a donation and you send them a money request ... Job jobbed

• Like Like x 3
  20. Freedom of choice

Transfer just made John, a quick pm just to let me know its arrived would be appreciated.

Did you mention beer Ken. Good idea fella. Will ply Ling with copious amounts of alcohol to relax her better judgment then suggest I have enough good boy points in the bank for a weekend pass out.

• Like Like x 1