Glove love

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BoroRich, May 13, 2013.

1. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Yesterday my hands got absolutely soaked on our Northern ride out. I'm not really bothered about wet hands but with the wind my hands were like ice when I got home. What do people do about this?

I did hear that people just carry an emergency pair of heavy-duty black rubber gloves a couple of sizes too big and put them on over their standard gloves?

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Best tip I heard was take disposable medical tyre gloves you may wear in the garage and put them under. stops your hands getting too wet.

Like these

g137__10907_zoom.jpg

3. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Certainly a good idea to put them on over the top of your gloves because then if it goes stop raining you can whip them off and you will still have dry gloves.

Do they come in white ?

4. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

if you do this make sure you get the unpowdered versions or itll look like your sniffing off your gloves to the rozzers!
    Nitrile gloves seem some of the strongest of the lightweight gloves, make sure you get them big enough

5. coupe312

coupe312 Active Member

I use nitriles at work all time and there great, colour options are green, blue or green.

and i doubt your get them over the top of your gloves...... even size 10 wont unless you have little hands

6. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I just have a pair of Gortex Gloves which are waterproof and a set of lighter summer Gloves.

TBH I prefer the Gortex even in the warm weather! :rolleyes:

7. callumw

callumw Active Member

Tesco bags..... :)

8. Gblade

Gblade Active Member

9. Bart

Bart Active Member

Better to get some waterproof over mitts, they are thin and easy to carry and can turn a pair of spring/autum gloves into winter gloves for an emergancy. It sounds like they would have been very usefull up north last weekend.

10. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

went to Hein gericke to exchange some Faulty Goretex gloves and they had bugger all in that were Gore tex (wrong season apparently...are they kidding)
    so got distracted and exchanged them for a nice new summer glove to replace my much loved but well done for Kushitanis

kushitani.jpg
    sp1.jpg

apologies for dodgy photos the wife took them whilst giggling