good day/bad day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Brettw, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Brettw

Brettw Active Member

so with the other half away to see some friends i thought great, a sunny weekend with the bike!
    got up early fitted new chain and sprockets (as the old one was getting rusty) had some lunch, put the washing on, just to show i had done something while she wasn't around! managed to get a mate to come to h cafe on his ducati 848, sat in the sun an had a cuppa. what a lovely day......
    no more than 3 minutes after leaving the cafe a bloody pigeon shot out of a bush and guess what?? he must have been aiming for me, wanker!!
    i now have a damaged belly pan, left hand fairing and inner fairing trim, and had to ride back with it flapping around like a twat.
    should be able to repair the fairing and belly pan ok and found the inner trim on ebay for £10, hopefully will be good as new by next weekend.
    anyway that was my day. hope you all got out today, with no injuries though!

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Could have been worse!

Stag.jpg

3. phantom

phantom Active Member

Birds do some amount of damage

4. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Your not kidding mate.
    One bird cost me a house. ;)

Bad luck on the bird strike btw brettw, had three since I've had this blade. One helmet strike one rad guard and a left hand.

Must me the extra cc's mate. They always said a fireblade could catch pigeons :)

Hope you get sorted soon.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I was out for an hour last night and dodged the birds bullet three times. A pheasant, a flock of seagulls and a crippled magpie.

6. Brettw

Brettw Active Member

Yeah a mate of mine took one in the helmet a few months back, pigeon that is!
    Luckily working in a bodyshop we have a lot of plastic repair equipment so should be a fairly easy fix.
    Think if it was a deer coming at me i would have jumped off, ghosty style like when i was a kid on a bmx haha.

7. matt

matt Active Member

Ouch,, worse thing I had was a giant wasp/bee splat straight on my neck aaahhhhh

8. Doodles

Doodles Active Member

I've hit a magpie once on my left shoulder, felt like someone had thrown a rock at me, hurt like fook..

In Switzerland 2 years ago I had my visor open about an inch as I was going to petrol station and got a wasp inside.. stung me twice on my cheek near my eye, talk about panic moment, couldn't get my helmet off fast enough then it hurt like hell for a couple of days as my face was really swollen!