Good summer gloves

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Remal, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Well my Dainese duel gloves are dead. long live new summer gloves

So what do you lot recommend?.

I like alpinestars gp pro gloves BUT they don't fit my hands well. I have issues even with XL getting them over my wrists.

I found the Dainese duel to be very very comfy and that is top of my list for the replacement? I like the Dainese Full metal jacket but they are lots of £££ anyone got these? comfy? last a long time?

Suggestions?

2. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

I was going to say the Alpinestars GP Pro! They are small to size, I dont have massive hands but take an XL. Do they do an XXL you could try?

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

well after 4 years os use I replace my Dainese Duel with the dainese joust

[​IMG]bloody comfy they are too

the alpinestars just don't fit me well. Much like AGV lids

4. samuk

samuk Well-Known Member

above is nice but there not cheap..

I got a pair of RST Pro gloves..though looking for something new now

5. matt

matt Active Member

i had a pair of rst pro's and found them really comfy and good value for $$

6. samuk

samuk Well-Known Member

and its a really thin glove, makes you feel like you have more control over the handle bars..where as i also have the RST winter gloves and they are thicker and i hate riding in them..

i have checked some alpine stars and they dont feel as nice as the rst's..

Daineese are just little over budget to try for me..

7. Yaxi

Yaxi Active Member

I recently had to get some gloves as my Joe rocket speedmaster 2.0 gloves finally wore out after 3 years ,i found joe rocket gloves fit just right for me and didn't need breaking in .the cut of the gloves around the top of the fingers and especially the thumbs is very good ,with no excess leather.Couldn't get them again though as there a pig to get hold of . so i bought some Knox recon gloves ,which are at the touring end of there range YouTube - KNOX Recon Hand Armour Review from Sportbiketrackgear.com . So far i'm not too impressed,the wrist restraint Boa lacing system although easy enough to use is still a bit of a faff compaired to simple velcro ,and on one very hot day this week they got a bit sweaty and difficult to remove at a petrol station .they fit ok soft leather and the fingers are nicely long .But the cuts not good on the thumbs ,too much flappy excessive leather.

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I had the knox handroid and bought them last March. By May I took them back as the stitching went like this
    [​IMG]
    By the way not my pic but thats how mine went

I only did about 300 miles. no offs so took them back got my money back and won't be buying them again. Just thinking what if I did come off. they would not be very bloody good and protecting my skin

9. Brym

Brym Active Member

Thats interesting about the Knox heard that a few times now, not very confidence inspiring is it.