Gopro Hero3+ Black

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bladerunner2010, Dec 27, 2013.

1. bladerunner2010

bladerunner2010 Active Member

As was mentioned in another thread i was given one of these for crimbo, quite easy to set up and pair with the wifi remote, All well and good you may think, but no..................
    Now as i have already had 2 hero 2's for some time now and find them very easy to update the firmware as they almost update the firmware all on their own once plugged in via usb, Well not so for the hero3+ black,
    Has anyone tried this update with any success yet? Its all downloading zip files and extracting and dragging n dropping to sd card then hoping the camera then can read the update files from the card and update itself,
    I have been at this process now for an hour or more and still the cam has not recognised its update

Anyone out there shed any light on this please as i'm starting to think i'm being a bit thick

2. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Done mine without issue twice now... There are two methods if I remember correctly a manual way and automatic.. Have you looked at the gopro website good instructions there?

3. bladerunner2010

Been on the gopro website mate and its only showing me one method to update, its the unzip and drag n drop method which just isnt working for me yet

4. bladerunner2010

There is a link to a manual update page but when i click on it comes up with a big OOPS, the nearest i have been to an update is the failure message when i power up my gopro

5. Silverback

Silverback Member

Drift have the new Ghost "S" out now. I'm sorely tempted !!

6. bladerunner2010

Well I have now given up trying to update the Hero3 and now this issue is in the hands of gopro support so I wait for their response, just for piece of mind I updated my other two Hero 2's with no issues whatsoever, beginning to think now that I have a hardware problem but I hope it's just the software/ firmware may be corrupt, but I shall wait n see, keep you posted guy's and thanks for your replies

7. bladerunner2010

Received an email from gopro this morning with instructions to update my cam, they were exactly the same as the method i was using but they sent a link to download the zip file which i did and noticed that it was different, anyway i went thru the process again and updated no problem, i now think that their update software on the website may be corrupt or something missing, i emailed them back explaining this so will see if anything comes back.
    Cant wait now to mount the 3+ and 2hd on the bike side by side for comparing footage, roll on the spring

8. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Great news, will be cool having multiple camera angles on track!

9. bladerunner2010

I actually bought one of the Lidl £80 hd cams and tell you what it is so simple to set up and the quality of the footage looks to be pretty good for the price, again ive not mounted it on the bike yet but i will keep you posted on that score