Gravel Rash

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Givover

Givover God Like

No not me !We have just had a ride in the car down the A49 which is my fav road we went out for an Indian ,anyhow as it is bike night down at the Raven there are loads of jockeys out,:mad: but on the way in around the Tall Trees Garage the pricks had just Tarred and gritted the road and the presents of both cops and an Ambulance can only mean one thing '' Bike down'' so as we past there was the usual group of mates with bikes parked up but no sign of a damaged bike .So hope all is well for this dude and yet again a warning to us all about the menace of griting.

2. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Last two years roads have gone right down the tubes round me! They surfaced a few months back and the idiots ferked it right up, the tar and road was pealing up and wrapping round the cars wheels in the heat ripping long strips of the road up with it, it was shocking! We rode onto a back road and the loose hot tar near pulled my boot off, I've never experience anything like it before in my life!

3. Givover

Givover God Like

;)You would if you rode around Yorkshire there no tarmac at all !

• Like Like x 1
  4. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

lol, I live down a long farm track some times hard to see where the track ends and the road starts....lol

5. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

your not wrong there, we just put coal on the roads and let the cars squash it down.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tom68

Tom68 Active Member

Everybody was moaning about the road being "chipped" last night, I don't understand why they do it to a decent bit of tarmac? obviously i didn't go home the same way. Also met some dodgy bloke called Si, Who i think is a member here;) Nice to meet you mate.