Great start to the day!

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by tonyblade, Oct 1, 2011.

1. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Decided to take bike into work as it's nice weather, got off bike at work and hissssss, bloody hell puncture. Mad. Anyway used my rep and air kit snapped one rubber pushing it through tyre but the second one got the bugger! So at least I can get back home, so went into earn a bit extra and it's now going to go on a new tyre! Oh well that's life.

2. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

That's sods law for you mate.
    I got called out for work a few weekends back and earn't a tidy sum to get home and have the misses tell me our combi boiler wasn't working!

3. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Yep sods law .. If its in the centre get it plugged properly . Iv had 2 tyres plugged now and they have been totally fine

4. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Cheers Andrew, ain't life a b-tch at times eh. Dan it is in the centre, but everything I've ever heard says don't risk it, individual choice I know, the plug I used is only to get me home as it is leaking a tad do never sealed it totally. I don't like these qualifiers in the first place so suppose it's a good time to replace it, but its got tons of life in it so it's a shame really, what you reckon about these plugs if I can find someone to do it or is a patch on the inside the way to go?

5. dan.1moore1

I had heard that aswell but the tyre garage that does mine are bike tyres only and he has been in the trade a long time, races road and dirt and ensured me that a plug would be fine .. He had a very heavy duty plug that he used unlike the little kits you can buy . The 2 tyres iv had done i ragged the crap out of them and wore them down to being illegal . No probs what so ever .. I would get it plugged any day

6. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Thanks dan yep I once used a can of tyre sealant in a superdream (I know) lol and it never leaked again for the life of the tyre, different bike altogether I know, I shall see if I can find anywhere near me that can do it for me and see what they say. Ta.

7. dan.1moore1

I paid a tenner each time iv had it done and when the tyre wears a bit more the plug is invisible .. Even if it gets you through till you buy new tyres its gotta be worth a punt

8. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Yup .. in years gone by I have had 2 plugs in one tyre (Dunlop 208RR) and then done a track day no probs