Had a strange one with a possible unmarked police bike

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Went out with Denzil last night over to Abbergavenny

Got home from work. Bike out and met up with Lee then went for a run, bloody good fun and little traffic. Got to Abber had a drink and a chat then on the way home there was a old goldwing. No markings and looked about 10 years old. it was in the 3rd lane at the start of the M32 going into Bristol. both the inside lanes where clear so I undertook said bike as I was coming off the first exit into Frenchey. Now this bike was heading for the center of Bristol as I said in the 3rd lane as it was as I was coming off that it was in this lane.

Next thing I know me and Denzil are at the lights and he pulled up next to me??? I did not look but Lee said keep the the limit which is unusual when we are at the lights ready for a race start up to the 50 limit. So we genitally pulled away. The other bike pulled in behind us. no issues. the road splits into 3 lanes after the lights and I thought I would nip from the 1st to 3rd land and go into Bristol rather than along the bypass the way we normally go. So me and lee split up. I changes with lots of space but the other bike went from the 1st to 3rd lane to follow me at the last moment. he followed me for a few miles and as I was riding like a boring twat just gave up and went else ware.

Now when I was next to him at the last unction there was 2 lanes I was in the right he was in the left. I glanced up and seen a Police sticker on his white lid. A 10+ year old Goldwing. no batenburgs, old bike. Just seems rather odd to have a police sticker on the lid if it was unmarked.

lee texted me after asking if they pulled me but I said no. And that at the first set of lights and other biker just shaked his head at us.

After I was thinking Fake bike copper? bought s sticker on Ebay.

thoughts?

2. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

Or a copper on his way home or out for a bit of a jaunt on his own bike.

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

With a Police sticker on his lid? I can not really see them wearing police gear instead of their own but could possibly be

4. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

I have seen a few wannabe coopers round here, reflective tape everywhere, high vis vests, white lids and black gear, riding around bolt upright giving stern looks. I think you're probably right, if it was an copper and anything was to come of it you'd have got more than a shake of the head. I'm not 100% sure on legalities of off duty coopers giving a tug, but I think they would have given you sime stern words at least if it was going anywhere else.

Doesn't sound like an undercover bike though so very unlikely it had recording equipment. These days undercover bikes are blades, zx10's, and s1000's. I'm sure it'll be fine.

5. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Good call not to do the Hambrook Lights GP :). Definitely sounds a strange one. If I think I am being followed I tend to do a loop to see if they follow me or not, kind of forces their hand.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Why I was thinking it was not a real copper with a old bike.

AS for the hambrook lights Gp it's a normal thing with me and Denzil at the lights lol but only to the limit.#

All we did was undertake and no one was int he 2nd lane. So a strange one the biker even felt the need to shake his head. We kept it under the limit.

And why we split up as if they are going to pull 1 of us was better than both.

7. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

All the unmarked cops round here used to have a small police sticker on back of the lid, not been pulled by unmarked for years so not sure about now but I think back then they had to have it

8. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Some of the fake riders have POLITE stickers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

there is a twat that goes to squires at sherburn in elmet up here… white pan european with reflective tape all over the panniers , white schuberth lid yellow hi vis jacket .
    everytime i see him i think ,you wan*er get a f**kin life.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I've seen this Art but this guy had a Police sticker. I did think POLITE when I was looking

11. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

See my post in ride outs the other week, this pig on the unmarked hyabusa was on a 59 plate and in plain black all goretex gear with a plain white lid with a very small chequered pattern ont back of lid with police wrote on it. Nothing big !!

12. Alblade

Alblade God Like

I would think a 10 year old bike too old for police fleet so I put chances its a police officer on his way to / from work

13. Scott

Scott Active Member

Blood runner bike ?

14. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Ive seen that same bumder at squires! Obviously cant ride a bike to save his life prriiicckkk

15. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

With a police sticker on his lid?

And chaps can we be a little nicers to the police. We may have some on here as we want to keep it nice and friendly here :)

16. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i saw a bike parked up once with "pianist" written across the front screen in vinyl letters . oh how i wish i had a vinyl "e" on me at the time.

17. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

But…Spelling is not really your strong point is it matey.......smile and grinny face.....I don’t do the smiley face sticker thing, but no offence meant Remal just a bit of fun fella…

18. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Mmm so it could be a saddo impersonating the police, that should be illegal !!

19. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

No worry's mate. I like a bit of good banter too. But I do have dyslexia (had to Google the spelling) so I don't do that bad :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Scott

Scott Active Member

Iv seen it before. Remember there are some sad people on this planet