Harvest time warning

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by blade1980, Aug 7, 2013.

1. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

Out for a ride tonight and the roads were full of tractors and combines, so just take a second before flying round a blind corner that a tractor may be about to come up on you very quickly!

• Like Like x 2
  2. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

this is a good warning, on my ride to work and home the twistys i usually travel on were littered with tractor mud!
    Obviously Farmer Barley mo had been busy and had come off the fields onto the road and left large clumps on my riding line...the cheek!! :)

Those roads you think you know just became more unpredictable, be careful peeps!

3. Givover

Givover God Like

Good call Blade and have you noticed how evil the new batch of farming equipment is it is only last week that I squeezed through a gap on a two way road this thing was massive took up all the road and had massive spikes about an inch diameter all sticking out the front.

4. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

It's not just the machinery you have to watch out for, the roads will be covered in chaf and dst that blows off the overloaded trailers.

5. glynn

glynn Member

Good advice. Lad I worked with and his girlfriend died a few years back after going into back of a tractor, not good.