Heineken cup wk 3

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bardo 1962, Dec 7, 2012.

1. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

Anybody watching the Rugby this weekend? Great match on Sky sport 1 now, Saints v Ulster. Beer and crisp at the ready, fire on full blast and the misses at work. HEAVEN!

2. eyore

eyore Member

Wish I was ,but wont pay those robbing b***ards Sky .:mad: Anyway going to Thomond Park tomorrow to watch Munster v Saracens :)

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Damn straight. I'm used to being stitched up by Sky but draw the line at getting buttf***d by ESPN to see half the televised premiership games on top. My weekend diary has RUGBY in fat arsed Sharpie written right across it.

4. eyore

eyore Member

Good win for Ulster and Connaught too:)

5. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

Ulster were brill, if they play like that all year they will be hard to beat. My money is on Munster this year.

6. eyore

eyore Member

Ohhh I wish, unfortunately we have just too many injuries of key personnel right now, this is the first year under Rob Penny and he has changed the playing style completely and for the better, so it takes time to click also Saracens are in great form. I read recently that they havent lost a lineout on their own throw all season which is amazing. I wonder if thats in Heineken Cup orpremiership also?

7. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

Saracens will have to pull their finger out, 16-6 down at half time. If not Munster who do you think? Toulouse maybe again.

8. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

Thought it was Sara's playing Exeter, should put my glasses on when reading my phone.

9. eyore

eyore Member

Yay, Munster came through ,what was a gritty and unedifiying match, the return will be more of the same. I was wondering what you were talking about Exeter for:)
    Anyway Leinster arent too shabby at the moment , but yes probably Toulouse v Ulster in the final. If Munster get through to the playoffs I will be happy enough.

10. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

Irish and French are the teams to watch, Toulon would beat everyone if they had put that team of theirs together 10 years ago. Some great players but a bit over the hill now!

11. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

Who's going to win the Heineken cup then eyore, Clemont, Toulouse final?

12. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd take that as distinct possibility Bardo. And lean towards Clermont come the vinegar strokes. If anyone's going to choke at the last minute, its Toulouse.

13. eyore

eyore Member

Its turned into a bit of a nail biter, this qualification mullarkey. At this stage I havent a clue what the outcome may be. I guess after next weekend things may be clearer.

14. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I felt for the chiefs yesterday (naturally), but the outcome was inevitable. They're still a relatively young team and still don't have a plan B, Europe was always going to wear them out and headlight rabbit them. The French teams are all class this year.

15. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

Its a shame about the chiefs but its all experience and not many clubs have achieved what they have in such a short time. Fingers crossed for an Irish or even an English team to be there at the end but I doubt it.

16. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry Eyore. I know the chiefs can only spoil the party tonight, but I can't not will them on.

Don't hate me.

17. eyore

eyore Member

Not at all, Leinster may be Irish but they are Munsters arch enemy so I have actually got pretty mixed feelings about it, and if they do win I certainly dont want them to get a bonus point .....................so c'mon Exeter:eek:

18. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Did you see the game last night , conditions terrible

19. rocket

rocket Active Member

exeter certainly giving them a game tonight but just slipping a bit now. c.mon boys!!!

20. eyore

eyore Member

That makes Munsters job harder tomorrow:(