Help!

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Griffo, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Griffo

Griffo New Member

Hello everyone. This is my first ever post on a forum believe it or not! I'm after a bit if a favour if anyone could help me please? I have the 05 CBR 1000rr in repsol colours, I've recently had the front fairing/clocks etc off to put a new relay in to slow down the flash rate of my LED indicators. Its located between the headlights on my model for some reason! Anyway all went fine except now its back together when I turn the bars the wiring harness that plugs into the clocks (the white plug in the rubber boot thing) hits the forks and the black plastic guard and is getting squashed. I've had it apart twice and just can't seem to get it routed right. Its driving me mad! Its such a faff trying to get it back together.
    The favour I'm asking is if someone with the same year model would be able to take a pic of theirs for me and post it up? It would be a HUGE help and might stop me going mad!
    Thanks in advance.. Griffo.

2. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Griffo. Sorry I can't help, but someone will be on soon , or tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi welcome, not got my bike with me at the mo so can't help if you have had no answer in a few days when I get it back I will take a look for you

4. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Welcome Griffo, if it were an 08 onwards I'd gladly take a pic for you.I'm sure theres someone on here who could help.

5. Griffo

Griffo New Member

Thanks guys. Really hope someone can help.its driving me mad!! I'm hoping if I get it apart again I might get a flash of divine inspiration!

6. Griffo

Griffo New Member

Thanks for the responses. I've managed to sort it out now. Still catches the plastic guard thing that's attached to the forks, just under the horn but seems OK. I assume they're all like that as there doesn't seem to be enough length in the cable to route it any other way. Any feedback from anyone else would be great just to put my mind at rest. But I'm pretty sure it will be OK now.
    Cheers.

7. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Still not mine back yet (waiting for that yellow thing in the sky) I'm sure it will be fine as if you think about how much you turn the bars while ridding, it's prob very minimal