Hibernation over

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ColinBR, Mar 1, 2013.

1. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Well tomorrow will be that special time of the year for me when I get the bikes taxed and ready for the years riding ahead.

It's been a long time coming and I can honestly say that this has been the hardest year for me so far in regards to being desperate to get back out there. (I foolishly thought that it would get easier after a few years but I was wrong, it's just got worse).
    All I hope for is some half decent weather, hopefully meet up with a few more the peeps on here throughout the year, and make the most of the season ahead.

A bit of rain over the next week to wash the roads of salt and that magical 10 deg is all I need now.

Bring it on !!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Alblade

Alblade God Like

meant to be meeting up with some folks on Sunday in Hawes to discuss trip plans over maps and coffee - when I said I may drive rather than use the R1 I was laughed at - till they heard mileage etc. Meant to be getting venture sheild kit tomorrow morning - if that is fitted I may just consider it as:

A. It helps run the bike in
    B. I'm not sure I can face the stick

However just remembered the R1 is not taxed and I don't have a reg doc for it yet = arse

• Like Like x 1
  3. Givover

Givover God Like

It's frosty yet again this morning and I don't know about you lot but I make it about 4and a half months up to now which is a third of a year and counting .The roads around here are white because of continued salting and no rain.Although it won't stop me getting out if it warms up a touch you now have salt which is now a layer of fine powder and this is the stuff that gets everywhere and lodges in all the nooks and crannies (quick Colin impersonation) so a little extra care may be needed.

4. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

ive been flat out this year so far, not been out much at all due to work and weather... going on holiday next week so that rights off march!! i'll be gagging for a ride by the time i get back (we fly in on Friday so ill be out sat / sun) and no doubt the Mrs will be glad to get shot of me....

might even put a little over nighter in that weekend....

im missing the bike now big time!!