HM Revenue & Customs want exemption from speed limits

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by T.C, Nov 28, 2012.

1. T.C

T.C Elite Member

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Just a small semantical query...

How, exactly do they define "covert" if they are exceeding the speed limit while engaged in it?

3. Moily

Moily Active Member

It's not April already, is it?!!?!

I can understand mine rescue, forest fire fighting and organ transport services getting dispensation to break the speed limits, but the HMRC?! Apart from the fact that nothing the HMRC does is a case of 'life and death' (to quote Stephen Hammond), the fact that they will be covert means that they won't have blues-and-twos on whilst exceeding the limits, therefore endangering ordinary road users.

If the HMRC get the nod, I'm sure as hell going to be doing a lot of 'covert surveillance' when out on the bike!

4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

They'll never get approval. It's meant for life or death emergency services only. Even a doctor on call with a flashing green light would have to go to court to prove mitigating services if caught.

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

fingers crossed it does not get through

6. Si.

Si. God Like

Wankers of the highest order.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Do you know what, Those bsat=r%ds have had enough money out of me and my family in the past, and are totally inept at getting my tax right that they should include me in the list of employees exempt from speeding seeing as I seem to do their job every year. My old man, who was the prefect gentleman seldom let lose but mention HMRC and the words you would hear were. Bunch of C*^nts. I tend to agree with him. God bless his soul.

• Like Like x 1