Horrible Airsoft Incident

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Slick, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Recently got into Airsoft in a big way, just bought my kit, M4 fully automatic gun, beretta (I think) side arm fully kitted in military ACU camo.

Rocked up to the site with a bunch of mates looking forward to a day of playing soldiers!.

Late in the afternoon we all having a coffee in the 'safezone' chatting about tactics and boasting about number of kills when a blood curdling scream could be heard from a distance followed by a young lad covering his eye while running to the safety marshals.

From what I gather a friend of the lad accidentally discharged the gun at close range into his eye, the BB punctured his eye. Marshalls administered first aid and an air ambulance arrived shortly and took him away.

I'm not aware of his current condition but do wish him well and hope his sight is OK.

For anyone else that does Airsoft take care out there.

2. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

"Horrible airsoft incident"........

Surely that's just anyone playing airsoft?? :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Do you not have to wear protective goggles/face mask in these games?

4. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Surely the site should have a no weapons policy in the safezone areas for this reason?

Someone's arse won't touch the ground when the HSE get involved

5. Slick

Slick Elite Member

During the game yes, in the safe zone no, though if I continue playing I will always keep them on. It is an unfortunate event where one may lose the sight in one eye, another live with their actions and possibly an another losing their business.

6. Slick

Slick Elite Member

No, this is not the case, mags be removed and barrels cleared, then they are allowed in the 'safezone'. It is not even a requirement to put them in a suitable case/bag.

The marshals do visually check mags are off and gun dry fired to ensure they are clear, but there is a possibility 1 slips through, also this doesn't stop numpties reloading in the safe zone.

I think you are right HSE will be all over this, to be fair it is a relatively safe activity if basic procedures are followed

#6 Slick, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  7. Slick

Slick Elite Member

not a fan?, it's a basic human right to play army every now and then (without the risk of actually dying).

I put it up there with other human rights as
    Man Cave
    Big f@ck off TV and 7.1 surround
    A Litre Bike
    Buying toys for the above
    moisturized toilet roll
    Good coffee;)

It does put a smile on my face when you have groups in matching British army MTP, tactical this that, throat mic and a rubber knife (just in case!):)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I'm only jesting :D

I used to play paintball. Although I have to say that I gave it up because some people just take it far too seriously and think they're turning up to take part in a bloody commando raid rather than hanging around in their local spinney firing plastic balls at each other.

It's people pretending to be something they're not which just makes me cringe so hard I can feel my toenails retreating into my toes but I'm sure that there's plenty that I do which would have a similar effect on others :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Slick

Slick Elite Member

BTW this is me playing army! M4 primary, and (you cant see it) but a desert eagle 50 cal when it gets personal!

1933354_10154655953184428_2942188528092089169_o.jpg