How long ???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by davy19, May 23, 2011.

1. davy19

davy19 Active Member

Hi, how long will it take me to -

1, remove the rear pegs
    2, fit power commander
    3, fit 02 sensor eliminator
    4, fit air filter
    5, do flapper mod

I am working away from home until Saturday afternoon and want to do everything listed above. I am off to the Isle of Man on Monday morning, will i have enough time to do everything.

2. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

How can we answer that when we don't know how competent you are with a spanner. Probably take me months i reckon lol

3. davy19

davy19 Active Member

Im not to bad with the spanners, its things like downloading maps to the power commander that im not so good at.

4. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

IT took me about 45 mins to do the power commander and eliminater . Removing the pegs took me a few hours as i had to strip the hole back end, split the subframe and remove each side to remove the pegs. If you know how to strip the back its a quick job but if its your first time its a pain

5. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Yep the pegs are quite an involved job. A good 2 hours. Taking the rear end of is a pain. I took 2 hours fitting my tail tidy as I took my time cos the tail plastics are awkward to get off.

It I were to do it again I could do it in 30'mins I reckon.

A power commander and O2 eliminator and filter is prob 1- 1.5 hours. Download the map onto the unit before fitting. Just plug into computer and it powers up. Takes seconds.

The flapper mod is quite involved also as it's a full front and side fairing off job. Not worth doing on a road bike either IMO

6. davy19

davy19 Active Member

Thanks for giving me an idea of the time scale involved, i was worried about not being able to get the bike ready in time.
    I think i will fit the power commander, filter and 02 eliminator first, then have a go at the rear pegs.

7. dan.1moore1

You will get it all done in half a day easy

8. JM1

JM1 Active Member

I always tend to over estimate these things because...
    - I forget that I need to drill holes in the bettery box so I can remove that panel in order to remove the pegs.
    - I forget that you need 3 tiny hands with 13 fingers each in order to connect the PC.
    - I forget that you need one of the tiny extra fingered hands again to fit the O2 Sesnor Elim.
    - I forget that you need to wire up the number plate light for the tail tidy.
    - I forget that the tail unit takes ages to remove as it seems like it's definitely going to crack if I bend it any more.

The flapper mod was easy and quick though...cos I didn't do it!

9. flatstickHRC

Lol your right some of them connectors take some getting to!

That tail unit removal is scary the first time you do it. The instructions say to just open it up carefully and lift off but pu need to slide it back fist to unseat the clips on the under tray first

Took a while to figure that out!

10. davy19

davy19 Active Member

Got stuck into my bike today, first of all i did the air filter. Removed the seat and the bolts for the tank, pulled on the plastic cover and nothing, you have to really force it to get it unstuck from the fuel cap. The filter was pretty simple to fit, just unplug the conections on top of the airbox and remove the screws.
    The 02 sensor eliminator plug was easy to fit, once i managed to find it. I had to follow the cable up from the sensor on the exhaust to find it.
    The power commander was also simple to fit, the only awkward bit was finding space to fit the cable nice and tidy.
    Removing the rear seat cowl was a total bastard, i did not think it was going to come off, i had to really push hard on it to get it to come off. The two self tapping screws under the seat catch were pretty fiddly to get out. When i removed one side of the subframe, i had to put it on a bench and use an allen key socket to get the pegs off, they were on super tight. It all went back together nice and easy, just over 4 hours from start to finish.
    The back end of the bike looks much better now, well worth the effort.

11. davy19

davy19 Active Member

I tried to upload pictures but for some reason i could not get them to load.

12. flatstickHRC

Just use a photobucket account and cut and paste the img code

That tail section is a nightmare to remove. You have to slide it back first to unseat the lower clips then pull it apart to lift it off sub frame.

13. skinso

skinso Active Member

Looking forward to the pics, where did u get ur pc

14. dan.1moore1

15. davy19

davy19 Active Member

my bike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#15 davy19, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011