How many bikes fit in a Renault Trafic

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sp1n99, Jan 22, 2015.

1. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

My mate (and his missus) decided that they want to take their mental Gilera 180 scoots to the TT this year, so we've got to try and fit my blade (2014) and their 2 scoots into a swb Renault Trafic.

Does anybody know whether this is possible.

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Just, with a bito Bubble wrap between em!

• Like Like x 1
  3. T.C

T.C Elite Member

In my days as a CBT instructor, I had to transport bikes from the office to the CBT site as we used a seperate area.

I had a short wheelbase Renault traffic which was also used for recovery as it had the lowest floorpan at 17 inches and therefore was a lot easier to load bikes.

Anyway I digress.

I used to fit 1 Blackbird (mine) and 3 125's into the back of the Traffic without too much problem. You need to wiggle and squeeze a bot to get them all in, and I was fortunate as I had proper tie down points welded in, but 2 facing forward, and 2 backwards and they did go in.

So on that basis, you should get them in, but............ a bit of practice beforehand so you can decide the best way to load will save you time, money and grief.

4. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I recon you could squeeze 3 in.

5. arc76

arc76 New Member

I used to get 2 gsxr srads and an rgv in my swb semi high top transit . it was tight but practice sorted it .

6. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

Ok, thanks guys. Hopefully we'll have a rehearsal before we have to pay the ferry fees.

It's all turned into a bit of a mare, the vans booked to come back on the Friday morning but because we don't want to miss the senior the bikes are also booked on the Friday night boat ( they wouldn't take a van booking on that boat). We're hoping that someone cancels and we can get the van back later.

All this and we've already had the ferry time back to Jersey changed so another overnight hack is likely!