HRCTrev,s roun't corner in Tropical Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by HRCTrev09, Jul 17, 2013.

1. HRCTrev09

HRCTrev09 Well-Known Member

Hey guys this my first chance to get on line since the weekend! :rolleyes: I was in Scarborough on Sun and saw a number of Blades was any of them you? A Repsol and 2 Black'n'Whites to name a few! Havin a fab time with't family & the weather is positively Balmy to say the least!
    I just thot I'd let you know I've invaded you lot for a change :D:D:D

#1 HRCTrev09, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  2. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

If your planning on visiting York ? i'd go on a Sunday if I were you mate ;)

Glad your having a good time :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. drewl999

drewl999 Active Member

Welcome to centre of t world.....

• Like Like x 2
  4. HRCTrev09

Cheers Drew :D I was in York on Tuesday Gary it's a beautiful city but the kiddies bave a ponctuant for Donkeys so we've been to Scarborough a few times but they are havin a blast! ;)
    The tinternet is really PISH.... where we are tho! So it's a hit or a miss affair whether a get online or not!
    But lovin it mate! :D We're staying in farm cottages at Little Edstone just outside Kirkbymoorside near Pickering I've got 2 chickens inches away and 2 goats lookin for food! I was thinkin a could smuggle one in the boot for Giv for next year Tour of Scotland he's partial to bit of goat! :D

#4 HRCTrev09, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I went to York a couple of years ago and really enjoyed myself. It's like a theme park for history nerds. It piddled down most of the time but the town centre is so compact, it didn't matter.

I live in an historic city that was redeveloped extensively by the Luftwaffe, but has been arse raped by planners to a worse degree ever since, such as removing a 30 metre section of the Roman wall, yes, Roman wall to build the inner bypass.......?

Five years ago, they decided to take the entire central one way system and reverse the direction, overnight, as it were. We still call pensioners 'roadkill' in the city centre.

I would like to drag the Exeter City council to York by their nostrils and say 'Look!'

6. HRCTrev09

I love your part of the world too Ken my brother & his family stay in a little village on the edge of Dartmoor called Horrabridge nestled between Tavistock and Yelverton a cracking little place but you donno how the council are when your there!
    But I have to say Fife Council sumthin else! I should know I work for the twats! :mad: they've put speed humps every where! Nearly every street in Dunfermline has them! some are the pillow type but mostly sleeping policemen type high ones! The NHS complained about hindering emergency call outs! The roads are the worst I've ever experienced unbelievably bad :mad: the garages are rubbing the hands fixing tyres,wheel alignment and broken springs, they pay out hundreds of thousands every year in compensation but still continue to leave the roads in their terrible state no wonder they are millions in dept a total joke!

• Like Like x 1
  7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I know Horrabridge. I did some prints of the place not so long ago.

Next time you're down here, take the crumb snatchers to the Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth. They're wall to wall there.

#7 kpone, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. HRCTrev09

We've been there mate and there also one at Gunnislake just up the road from my bruv's :D